Xpel Paint Protection Film

slinemfc

Reaction score
Last weekend I went ahead and had Paint Protection Film added to my S3. I thought about it for a while but after having had some stone chips on my 8P which for me, were too many, decided to go for it.

I'm really impressed with the result and the guys who fitted it at Race By Design in Horley were brilliant. They even had an RS3 in at the same time so got some good pics of the results.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=835405983249624&id=281497281973833

Uploadfromtaptalk1460444744935
Uploadfromtaptalk1460444755191
Uploadfromtaptalk1460444762279
Uploadfromtaptalk1460444766059

Ride Italian, eat Spanish and drive German

Reactions: Jake 61, Scottyg and Bandicoot51
What areas did you apply this to? Do you envisage any problems when it comes to washing etc?

Had the front done which is to say full bonnet and bumper, tops of wings, headlights and mirror caps.
No, can be washed as normal, just no pressure washing against and opposite the edges for obvious reasons.
You can hardly see the edge on the wing and have to be really close to notice when you know it's there.
My Golf R owning friend really couldn't tell and I had told him it was there!

That's good to know. Will be good if you can keep us updated on how it fairs up over the coming weeks.

I have seen some of the factory fitted film on other car makes gathers dirt around the film edges?

I wanted this but xpel to front end local was £1550 been offered hexis for 550

That's good to know. Will be good if you can keep us updated on how it fairs up over the coming weeks.

I have seen some of the factory fitted film on other car makes gathers dirt around the film edges?
Quick update as requested

Film has performed fine so far including a 2000 mile round trip to Misano World Circuit in 7 days.

Re washing. Have been careful not to go against the grain per se and have not noticed any lifting nor dirt accumulation at the edges. Still invisible to the eye and get same water beading as non covered parts. Hopefully that's the most important issue covered.

Still can't recommend it enough.

No chips on the car

Reactions: jungle650