Xmas has come early on my dashboard

BigE

Exhausted
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I may be repeating and old question already covered but cant find a thread.

After fitting my new headlight kit from the group buy from Trupps I have promlems with dash lights i.e. Brake Warning,ESP,Handbrake all lighting up !!! when the lights are put on before the engine all is OK !!!!

One last quicky, were will can I find the sensor/temp that controls the gauge in the car dash disply ???

V6 30ltr sport avant july 2002.

Thanks in advance of any help.

first off i would contact trupps as he sold you the lights
i think the CTS is at the rear of the engine.

Warning lights are common when fitting HID's, the easiest way to resolve is to relocate the ballasts as near to the bulkheads as possible.

I'm sure there's a guide for swapping the Coolant Temp sensor (G62) on the 3.0 on Google somewhere?

As James said, move the ballasts as far back as possible. I had errors when I first fitted kine (not ones from trupps) but I moved them back. Drivers side is up near air con pipes, passenger side is near abs module (think that's what it is) and I haven't had a problem on 18 months now.

Last edited:
You only have to play about with the near side ballast as that's where the abs/speed sensor are.
The near side headlight shares the same ground as these.
Either move ballast away from these or re wire the headlight earth somewhere else for a permanent solution.