1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xHP for VW/Audi - who is interested?

bobby singh Oct 9, 2018

1. bobby singh

bobby singh BSR VCDS Map User TDi Audi A4 quattro

This thread is being started to see if we have enough demand to convince xHP developers to develop a solution for VW/Audi range vehicles with a ZF 6hp gearbox.

They have done good job on BMW’s and results look decent. https://www.xhpflashtool.com/en/

Who would be interested in a gearbox tune for their VW/Audi

If xHP developers are reading this, I’m willing to work with you and use my car as a base – BobbySinghRacing@outlook.com

Please help to share this

Thanks

Bobby

Meemo, ruairi83, Horia and 3 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Roadrunner146

Roadrunner146 Active Member Team Moonlight TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Supercharged Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group

I'd be interested . some extra revs and faster changes would improve things. :thumbs up:

bobby singh likes this.
  4. tech838

tech838 Member

I'd be interested in this, the factory programming leaves a lot to be desired.

The user base should be fairly large considering the number of different Audi models the 6HP28AF was fitted to, especially in the states.

bobby singh likes this.
  5. Brewski uk

Brewski uk New Member

Yep I would be interested in this.

Btw had your tune for 2 years now going strong and no problems to report.
    Paul the roofer

bobby singh likes this.
  6. Princy

Princy Member

Another registering interest assuming the 6hp19a will be an included transmission

bobby singh likes this.
  7. youngy93

youngy93 Member

Definitely, mine says i have a 600 nm torque limit when looking on Vag com, also sick of spending so much time in torque converter :racer:

8. bobby singh

I had a 1k limit as stock - which label are you looking at?

9. Horia

Horia New Member

Also interested to see tune stages for 6hp28 Audi gearbox and buy one!

bobby singh likes this.
  10. macradiators

macradiators Member

I would be also interested for the 6hp28 and probably many others.

bobby singh likes this.
  11. JJRS

JJRS New Member

Definitely interested in this if it removes the hesitation from setting off.

bobby singh likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Pittdawg

Pittdawg Pittdawg

I got tired of waiting for a solution for my ZF 8HP55 so I installed a Sprintbooster. Not as good as a TCU tune but very helpful with transmission lag nonetheless.

Gazwould and DieselJake like this.
  14. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I have a sprintbooster too, different engine and not an auto or with quite as many horses but I definitely prefer the car with it as it doesn't take as much throttle input, not sure whether it actually improves performance or not but for me it just stops "pussy fotting" as I sometimes don't stick my foot down like I should.

Gazwould likes this.
  15. audifox

audifox New Member

Hey, I have an Audi A6 with 6HP19 gearbox. I have done tests with the file, I got changed shift points, kickdown deactivated in manual mode. Removed torque limits ( especially 5th gear, more systempressure.
    I think I have faster shifting but I still think about how to Fasten shifting times for best results.
    Also I‘m thinking about how to get more clutch pressure on torque converter clutch, because it‘s a lot with Adaption and the clutch is still slipping at full throttle.
    Im working with rs6 definitions so the software is almost the same.

I think together we can work something out.

Best regards

bobby singh and Horia like this.
  16. audifox

audifox New Member

Forgot to say: also have earlier closing of the torque converter clutch. From ~1800 rpm to 1500 rpm in every gear.

17. bobby singh

I have 6hp 28 ols if you fancy a swap :)
    Drop me a mail - BobbySinghRacing@outlook.com

18. audifox

audifox New Member

Yes, I will drop you an email tomorrow

How far are you with tuning these tcus?

19. bobby singh

Nice - I've given up on it for now way too much time consumed tbh.
    Might be easier just to add more power :)

1st to 2nd just takes too long approx 700ms from last measurement rest are approx 300ms ( I can measure at 100hz)
    Plus i have this annoying feature whereby if you select a gear change via the flaps in the lower gears, it almost passes 1k rpm before the change happens.

I know a lot of places claim to tune these but I'm yet to see a decent tune that works.

20. audifox

audifox New Member

Hey Bobby please check you mail inboxes
    Yes the first gear change is slow. Maybe you could test something with Rs6 ols I have send you. The slow paddle response I have too. I think it’s not so easy because of shift tables are working with output shaft rpm and if torque converter is unlocked, the output shaft doesn’t rev high enough to allow next gear change.
    Have you ever measured the difference of rpm over the torque converter clutch?
    If the clutch is locked and I tip in at about 2500rpm with 86mg the clutch is slipping till the gearbox forces with full pressure on the clutch, but I can’t get zero slipping. With higher system pressure the slipping at tip in is better but not perfect.
    Maybe my gearbox isn’t the best for more Torque. Zf limit is 450Nm. I don’t know how much torque my car has now, but it’s stock ASB with DPF off and 3bar map sensor + mapping.

Regards

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  21. macradiators

macradiators Member

8hp55 is supported by TVS

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

22. bobby singh

DL501 wasn't so impressive ;)

23. macradiators

macradiators Member

Depends on stages. Dq500 and dq250 are going strong..multiple 9s cars and 4s 100-200 kmh acceperatiin.
    I might be having the only bad remap on my dq500.
    Dl501 also isnt that great on my q5.
    Im not lucky when it comes to remaping something lol.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

24. audifox

audifox New Member

Hey what's so bad about your dq500 remap? I've read in other thread that you have this gearbox in seat leon. 5cyl engine or 4? I have problem with dq500 from RSQ3 in combination with 2.0tfsi shifting is bad, clutch is slipping. what should be impossible due to torque limiter at 850Nm. Thing is I think I can fix this becuase shifting with Dq500 from 2.0tdi tiguan was very good and tcu HW is the same. I'll report.

Also shifting on my 6HP19A is a lot faster now. I was also able to increase clutch pressure after my current maxes out at full load and I had slipping clutch.
    If my gearbox fails I will swap against 6HP28, but I think my BV50 can't do this job :)

25. macradiators

macradiators Member

This is how my dq500 is behaving ..i dont know what the problem is in the map. watch the rpm gauge.
    2.0 CR engine 360hp currently. No decalibrations in torque, i send correct torque to gearbox.

If any expert think he can do better software for dq500 i am willing to pay. :)
    My DL501 does the same btw.

26. bobby singh

BV50 can make 700nm if you feel brave - I done 680nm no issues for years.

Managed to fix 1st to 2nd shift time?

27. audifox

audifox New Member

Looks like the engine isn't reducing torque enough while shifting?

28. macradiators

macradiators Member

Could be ..but where is that in the ecu map? i dont know.
    I made simulation 100-200 with dragy trying to change only once starting in 5th gear and i gained 0.4s :)

29. add1ct3dd

add1ct3dd New Member

This would be an awesome addition, the ZF6HP while amazing does lack a bit of 'sportiness' to it (but supports the power ironically) when the going goes.. :)

Following..!