Xenon to Halogen....

JBMF90

Reaction score
HI guys, is it possible to convert from Xenon to halogen without any other form of harness or wiring to do?

I'm looking to swap my halogens with someone who is selling their car what has Xenon on them but will do some deal with me to swap.

So as above, would I be able to plug and play so to speak or do I need some type of conversion plug?

Thanks

A LOT of work involved in that swap ! if you want from halogen to put OEM xenon you need adapters and two wires pushed to the Cent.Electric modul ! If you want to retrofit projectors in your existing halogen you don't need connectors but you need someone to do tis for you - easiest way .

from halogen to xenon i can help with instruction but from xenon to halogen i have no idea how to do it !

This may sound daft, I have already done the conversion on my car, i.e halogen to xenon but I have my halogens free doing nothing but wold fancy a swap with some xenon but that's where the question comes in, if it's too much of a pain in the back side I'll just leave it

Yeah not going to bother haha thanks for your help guys :)

Should be easy to be fair. I helped on my mates b6 to b7 facelift and he went from xenon to halogen. Just needed coding and everything works as it should.

B7 xenon to B7 xenon may be different, but cant imagine it would be

B6 to B7 is different - if you have bi-xenon headlight but you wanna put normal halogen with main/fyll beam - which one will work for flash ?
I was involved in this last week so Xenon to Halogen wont be easy :)

Are the plugs the same on b7 halogen vs b7 xenon?

If so, at worse just grab a terminal tool kit and put the pins in the right places and do some coding :)

Why bother, just buy these Osram Xenarc headlights. Straight swap and no additional wiring. £550 on eBay.de

from halogen to xenon need wire set pushed through the car into the celtral electric modul to be able to work full beams
From xenon to halogen - never try it but i think won't work because of the level sensors and all this :)
Those Osram headlight look redicilous :) especially for Rs4

I done the conversion twice on my old b7 and my current one.

You need

Headlights inc bulbs and ballasts,
kufatec halo to xenon loom,
possibly a higher model central convienence module if you cant programme your current one. Some b7s with low spec will have a low grade module and will not programme with vcds. Also to programme the day time running lights.

Other then that its couple hours fitting and feeding the 2 wires to the ccm for the bi xenon flash to work.

I didnt bother with the washers or self levelling and been fine for mot.

I done the conversion twice on my old b7 and my current one.

You need

Headlights inc bulbs and ballasts,
kufatec halo to xenon loom,
possibly a higher model central convienence module if you cant programme your current one. Some b7s with low spec will have a low grade module and will not programme with vcds. Also to programme the day time running lights.

Other then that its couple hours fitting and feeding the 2 wires to the ccm for the bi xenon flash to work.

I didnt bother with the washers or self levelling and been fine for mot.

The problem is that is asking from xenon to halogen ;)

Otherwise i done the conversation haligen to xebon for 3 hours !
Code it myself and everything is bob on

f793ac8507c8b309989775dd5e061085.jpg

Guys, the OP is wanting to know about how to go FROM Xenon TO Halogen, a lot of the above help (which is sure is well intended) is going the normal route of halogen to Xenon. I suspect as some have said it wont be an easy mod at all the way he wants to do it.

As mentioned above it was to go from Xenon to Halogen, I'm not going ahead with it now due to it being a pain to do without new plugs and what not.

I already have done the conversion from Halogen to Xenon on my car but the Halogens are going as spare, saw someone wanting to sell their car what had Xenon headlights which would of done a swap. Not happening now though but thanks for the replys.