Controller: 4B0 907 357
Component: LEUCHTWEITEREGLER D004
Coding: 00014
Shop #: WSC 06435
1 Faults Found:
01539 - Headlights Not Adjusted
35-00 - -

Is this the motors?

Haven't had a chance to have a good look yet to see what the lights are doing but the misses did comment that my lights were shining high whilst driving behind her..

Put the 55 control unit into basic settings with the bonnet up and carry out normal adjustment( up agaist the garage door)
Should put the light out unless the fault is with the level sensor itself...

Mine are right on the floor in front of the car, way too low /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Problem is when i first start her up, they are fine, its after a minute or less of driving...

[ QUOTE ]
Mine are right on the floor in front of the car, way too low /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Problem is when i first start her up, they are fine, its after a minute or less of driving...

[/ QUOTE ]

and in reference to Dicky's query - the motors fail and start to do odd things.

Easy and cheap solution is to level them on the garage door (in Stewart's case when then engine is just started) then unplug the levelling motor plug on both lights (innermost plug on both lights respectively) and they'll be perfect.

Few of us ever drive with the car 4 up and certainly on my car the suspension doesn't move much anyhow so it's not a problem.

[ QUOTE ]

(in Stewart's case when then engine is just started) then unplug the levelling motor plug on both lights (innermost plug on both lights respectively) and they'll be perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! Your a star mate, what a great and cheap solution! i was trying to think of a way of making them manually adjustable like i did on my golf (yes manual Xenon adjustment)...

It must be a separate plug then?

Any pics? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ditto the above, would be a help as winter is drawing in.

Have finally got around to writing to Audi about what seems to be a common xenon problem and have asked for their comments and for them to pay for repairs, can let you know the outcome, not holding my breath though.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and in reference to Dicky's query - the motors fail and start to do odd things.

Easy and cheap solution is to level them on the garage door (in Stewart's case when then engine is just started) then unplug the levelling motor plug on both lights (innermost plug on both lights respectively) and they'll be perfect.

Few of us ever drive with the car 4 up and certainly on my car the suspension doesn't move much anyhow so it's not a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
The best solution ever to beat this stupid requirement for self levelling. who in their right mind would load up the S3 anyway. I've had similar problems before and now its out of warranty why pay to have it fixed it when one can beat the system

Took it to my mates Garage and found my passenger-side light to be shining too high.

Used Vagcom to put the car into "learn" mode and adjusted it using the white adjusters.

Passed the MOT yesterday no problems what so ever!