Xenon headlight retrofit

Brennan

Former Audi Driver
Reaction score
Ive seen pairs on ebay, and i know they can be retrofitted, ive seen youtube videos.

Is it worth the cost and hassle though? Because i dont have self levelers/washers they wont be legal for MOT, can H7 halogen bulbs be fitted, or are these headlights only designed to take D3S Xenon bulbs?

Definitely worthwhile, xenons make halogens look poor IMHO, which is why our cars always have them, although I may have led headlights futurewise :)

Yes they will look better but if they only run proper xenon bulbs then i cant run them legally on my car, it will fail the MOT

That's a decision only you can decide, but yes levelling & headlight washers are a requirement for hid marked headlights.

If these headlights only run D3S bulbs, then i will have to go into the MOT with Xenons and they wil fail me for sure.

But if Halogen bulbs can be fitted, then i can run them for MOT that day then go back to Xenon after it passes.

If i cant fit halogen bulbs then it would be £700 wasted..

So you're worried about legality, but then will use them illegally once passed, lol.

Unless you find a halogen bulb with d3s fitting, then no it wont allow halogens to it.

So you're worried about legality, but then will use them illegally once passed, lol.

Unless you find a halogen bulb with d3s fitting, then no it wont allow halogens to it.

Looks like its a no go. Halogens wont fit these headlights.

So unless i fitted washers and levellers then it wouldnt get through MOT, to fit these would cost way over a bag of sand for the whole lot