Xenon headlight range adjustment recalibration VCDS

s3mad_dude

Noggies ruuuule!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My 2002 Audi S3 failed it’s MOT a few weeks ago on the xenon auto-levelling system. I was told the headlight range weight sensor attached to the passenger rear control arm required replacement. Sure enough, now it’s been replaced I’ve noticed the headlights do their self levelling thing when I turn the headlights on to dipped beam.

Anyway, since collecting the car I’ve noticed that the headlights are now pointing sky high. Like really high! I guess the garage forgot to recalibrate my lights. I can’t really drive it like this and I will take it back to the garage and have a word, but in the meantime can I do the recalibration myself with VCDS? I have the full version and would like to know how to do it anyway.

I’ve searched on here to find a dummies ‘how to’ guide but couldn’t find anything. I’ve seen a ‘how to’ for a 2003 Audi A4 and 2001 Audi TT on a different forum so I’ll try following that, but has anyone recalibrated their lights successfully before using VCDS and could provide some guidance?

Here’s what I found: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt...-xenon-headlight-range-using-vag-com-1852176/

Thanks

Last edited:
VCDS is only used to centre the adjustment motors....

Further information...

<tuffty/>

Thanks <tuffty/>. That’s exactly what I need because its the home position that is too high. Adjustment happens there after fine but as they’re out of whack from the get go, no amount of adjustment would ever get them normal. Will update this once I’ve had a go. Thanks

Well, it seems that the range setting was correct, the screws have been fine tuned and the levels on both lights are now perfect. I love these Trups headlights. They’re even better than the LED headlights on the new S3 :icon thumright:

Reactions: MPH