Xenon headlight flickering

Fordy

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm having trouble with my nearside Xenon headlight flickering for a while then going out. I have read here on the forum it means it's on the way out so I'm buying new ones. This will sound like a really stupid question but do I need dipped & full beam bulbs or does 1 bulb do both? Again, apologies for my ignorance! Cheers Fordy

Lol, me neither. Just make sure someone confirms the bulb before buying incase yours are different. Wouldn't want you to buy the wrong ones!

Reactions: V6 Quatt
I second that on bulbs, my 2.0tq bulbs started playing up at about 85,000 miles, replaced the bulbs with genuine VW Audi and it solved it, I thought it was going to be harder to solve than that, my tdi is now just shy of 95,000 and they are good as gold, had the car since 70,000. the ignitors are built onto the back of the bulb, and that's what breaks down apparently.

As above really. Had issues with mine where it would flicker sometimes but not fully turn off. Got a pair of 8000k as I was after a blue tinge of light from T8ups (EM Tuning) on the forum and problem solved. Be warned, they can be a pain in the **** to fit!

null_zps6176e2ef.jpg

Reactions: V6 Quatt
I went on Halfords website and put in my Reg Number & it came back with D2S bulbs, confused now?!?