Xenon headlight fault

ben.w93

Reaction score
I have searched, but not found what I was looking for. My 2007 A5 3.OTDI with factory HID lights has encountered a problem. The right headlight has completely died, no DRL, xenon light, indicator or drivers side fog, the left headlights is working normally. NHN recently fitted cruise and said there was an issue with the xenon controller, turned out the previous owner had pulled the fuse out of the left headlight controller. Has anyone had such an issue? Would it be the ballast in the headlight that has gone, or is it the control module in the headlight as I have no LED DRL, or front fog, any advice would be much appreciated as I am stuck in Cardiff overnight with one headlight.

Upon further research it could be the J519 module that has gone faulty (onboard power supply module) as this was throwing up faults about no power going to the DRLS and fogs. If it was ballasts or xenon controller I would have thought both foglights would work as they are nothing to do with the headlights as such.