Xenon Headlight Failure - Melted Connector (with pics!)

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Bonjour!

Wonder if this has happened to anyone else before? Went to change one of my xenon headlight bulbs which had blown only to find the connector had nearly completly melted away! Struggled to get the old bulb out as it had melted on. In fact am quite fortunate it didn't start a fire. Not quite sure how it's happened, dodgy bulb maybe? The other one was fine and is unbranded to from Ebay. Needless to say it doesn't work now...

Pics:

photo1gyt.jpg

photo2ikq.jpg

So yeah im pretty gutted as you can imagine. Also my headlight has actually 'yellowed' when you look at it directly compared to the other no doubt where it's been smoking inside. So I'm after a passenger side facelight headlight unit now if anyone knows of one going. :sign_plug: Does anyone know if the xenon bulb and ballast units are transferable from headlight units (so I can put my old one into a another if I find a headlight case?)

Gutted - going to be a bit more expensive then a new bulb - typical!

On a random note does anyone have a part number for this hose below coming of the 'hockey puck'? Mines gone very soft think it'll need replacing!

photo3fo.jpg

Thanks peeps.

Last edited:
Anyone else had this happen to there connector or is it just me?