Xenon headlight advice

*ASH*

Reaction score
I've decided I can no longer stand the sight of the standard halogen headlights with amber indicators so I'm after a pair of oem xenons.

I've had a few pm 's with t8ups on here regarding his conversion etc but wondered if anyone had bought a pair of the xenon headlights you see on eBay?

Most say oem or same as oem and all seem to be approx £350-£450ish. I know I'd need to also buy the ballast packs and the wiring loom and as said I've had pm with t8ups who'd I'd probably pm again for a fitment price haha.

So has anyone bought any or had any dealings with the eBay ones? Any help would be appreciated.

Not had any off eBay but did have the Trups treatment, highly recommend it mate. Best money spent IMO

Ebay items are a bit hit and miss and you may have to do extra mods, to actually make them work. Some throw up canbus errors even though they say they are canbus error free. I've bought led's for various cars from ebay and ended up sending them back for one reason or another.
At least with t8rups light kits, you know they will work proper like, first time.

Not had any off eBay but did have the Trups treatment, highly recommend it mate. Best money spent IMO

Thanks mate, I did see some of his pics and they look oem being honest. It may be the route I end up taking

Ebay items are a bit hit and miss and you may have to do extra mods, to actually make them work. Some throw up canbus errors even though they say they are canbus error free. I've bought led's for various cars from ebay and ended up sending them back for one reason or another.
At least with t8rups light kits, you know they will work proper like, first time.

I did mean the complete headlight unit and not just bulbs etc if that's what you thought I meant? And same again mate I may well just let t8ups mod my own

He may do complete headlamp units, not sure myself but I guess you already told him what you want.

T8ups can Defoe do you a set of refurbished and modified all ready to in. I know because I have been chatting to him. He will send you a link to show you what he does and before and after. Seriously when I have been looking around he is miles better value for money..
Extremely helpful at all times as well. With me asking questions he needs the patience of a saint..lol

Thanks chaps, looks like I may be pestering t8ups again then haha

@t8ups is the way to go unless you are going down the oem lights route which is a lot more involved and one that i personally feel isnt needed. I hasd my lights converted by him last year and its been the best decision ive made both in practical and aesthetic terms. His attention to detail is brilliant. I did a 240 mile round trip and dont regret it for second...infact ive been down twice after that too! Trups recently supplied a projector kit to a friend of mine who wanted his e90 headlights converting, my mate thought he would save a few bob by going to a local retro fitter to have the kit installed. fast forward a few weeks and hes really regretting his decision and Trups has been a star in helping him with 'face time' calls and general 'whatsapp' advice on how to fix the complete b*lls up job.

Honestly, if you're wanting anything to do with xenon/leds/projectors....trups is your man. not the best pic below but its only one i have on my phone which you can see some of the detail in the headlights without any reflection on them!

2015 07 14 160708

looking good fella, must post some pics up of mine, but grill is missing its badge at the moment so following a clean and fitting new badge i'll get some pics up too.

Reactions: umuk
Thanks for all the input chaps. Thats looks stunning mate, think that's just made my mind up lol, I did pm trups last year and know just how helpful he is so I'll definitely be pestering him again and I'd happily make the round trip to see him

As promised pics of @t8ups conversion also fitted gloss black grill badge and painted surround black (will need redoing at some I point me thinks)

Last edited: