Xenon drl issue...

MAD_Adamski

Reaction score
Ok I know the xenon topic has been done to death but I'm having a major headache here and I need some input....

I have xenons I've just retrofitted I got the harness from kufatec, ok so as per there fitting instructions I fitted up and coded which tbf I already knew what to do.

I moved from halogens with drl, to bi-xenon with drl..... Now upon fitting xenon work fine no issues main beam and low beam cool..... But for the life of me I can't get the drls working I've coded correctly, I've fitted the drl wires into the 2 positions I knew to fit too. (a3+d3) I just can't get the things to light up... Can I check to see if they do light up ie run a 12v to them or what? I've spent the last 4 hrs on this and I'm ripping my hair out.... I'm no novice just getting totally pee'd off now.

Year of car?

TBH kufatec harness is rubbish, should rewire properly as I've done many times, pins need moving & new ones added to suit.

DRL's if its facelift led, have 2 wires feeding them.

I recently did an upgrade for a client & they had the kufatec, I ripped it out & rewired completely.

Wish I knew that before ordering the harness most the the ads i'd seen said the harness was good. :sob:

The car is plated 58 but 59 on v5, it's a facelift tho with CR. I have the central electronic unit is the a-d type in looking at the loom. Last night I was wondering wtf was going on as the kufatec harness has 1 pin that goes nowhere pin 8 from memory. There's the 2 pins going from the adaptors to activate the main beam which as said is working I have another 2 wires currently hanging in the cockpit... There must be one or wires that is incorrect in the harness I bought? I'll put a put up in a month of what I have. Should there be 2 wires per headlight then Nigel or just 1 per headlight for the facelift.... Many thanks.

So here's my pin out, I hope you can understand I can put in numerical order if helps better... To note I have all functions bar drl, so indicator, main and dip all work...

Ok so I've just unhooked the old halogen,

So it seems the drl is pin 4 now I know for a fact that pin 4 driver side which should be plug 'A' is plugged into plug 'D' I will try and hook up the pin 4 grey/red stripe to pin 12 this should be the drl, if the kufatec harness has the drl in the right place. If not I'll have to remove the light and see where the wires go... :sorry:

Ok so after another 4 hrs today still nothing getting to the point of having enough.

Run the wire direct from the headlight pin 4 both lights to the ecm still got naff all any help still appreciated I'm fed up of spending my time on these now.

ok so just by going on what you said... a3 and d3 are not the DRL pin locations.
where are you based? I'm confident i can sort out the issue for you fairly quickly.
its just with your 58/59plate car, the wiring changes you have made and not knowing where things are right now with the car wiring i would prefer to have a physical look than to advise what changes to make as it looks confusing from what you have tried to explain

Ok so after having issues with my own xenon fitment here's hopefully some help in fitting... First of all massive credit goes to @Ash187 for the first class help and advice and for being a total gent! Without his help I would have never got this finished and fully working he was patient and very helpful along the way. Which helped me put this small writeup to help others in the future as if your struggling like I was don't think twice for his services...

So first undo the 3 or 4 torx screws in the archs holding the bumper on, the 3-4 underneath and the 3 on top the grill....

There is a 10mm bolt on each front part of the wing towards the light behind the splash shield that need taking out. Bumper comes off... Remove

Xenon pin arrangement
Pin 1,2,3,4 - headlight adjustment.
Pin 5 - earth
Pin 6 - dipped beam
Pin 7 - earth
Pin 8 - blank
Pin 9 - indicator
Pin 10 - drl
Pin 11 - high beam trigger
Pin 12 - drl

So on a kufatec harness it should be go as follows

Pin 1,2,3,4 blank
Pin 5 - pin 5 car end
Pin 6 - pin 6 car end
Pin 7 - pin 7 car end
Pin 8 blank,
Pin 9 - pin 9 car end
Pin 10 - pin 8 car end
Pin 11 - cockpit fuse box shutter
Pin 12 - cockpit fuse box drl

Now please note all cars car different and and the information here may not be correct for 'your' year....

You need to disassemble the driver footwell and get to the fuse box

For early preface lift cars as follows

Plug D brown

Pin 6 shutter
Pin 3 drl

Plug A black

Pin 5 shutter
Pin 3 drl

2008 - 2010 cars

Plug D brown

Pin 6 shutter
Pin 10 drl

Plug A black

Pin 5 shutter
Pin 7 drl

2010+

Plug A black

Pin 44

Plug C beige

Pin 26
Pin 48
Pin 49

Next for coding
First go to Central Electronics-->Long Coding-->Function 07
Things you have to change
Byte 00 Bit 1 ON
Byte 03 Bit 4 OFF
Byte 17 Bit 1 OFF
Byte 21 (Dropdown box) Choose the one that matches your setup or liking.

And vola! Done...

Mine was a bit different to others as some wires had to be swapped and cut and soldered. Also I had drl in my halogens so in my case we used the old main beam Pin for one drl feed the other feed came via the cockpit fed one however there were already pins in a7/d10 so we had to splice into them and this worked perfectly.....

I hope this helps in the future and I'll be adding the washers and leveling very shortly with again the help of @Ash187.....

Ad.

Cheers mate...
Appreciate the kind words.

Just to clarify and to avoid confusion, there is one DRL pin and the other is a sidelight:

Xenon pin arrangement
Pin 1,2,3,4 - headlight adjustment.
Pin 5 - earth
Pin 6 - dipped beam
Pin 7 - earth
Pin 8 - blank
Pin 9 - indicator
Pin 10 - sidelight
Pin 11 - high beam trigger
Pin 12 - drl

2008 - 2010 cars

Plug D brown

Pin 6 shutter
Pin 10 sidelight

Plug A black

Pin 5 shutter
Pin 7 sidelight

The DRL is actually adapted from old wiring pin 8 to new connector pin 12. This used to be the high beam connector pre bi-xenons but changes to DRL once the coding has been changed.