Xenon coding and adjustment

Legend7

Reaction score
Can someone help me by telling me how I go about coding the xenon lights? I have managed to get hold of a VAG com.

Also do I need to buy Kuftec cables? or can I do without them ? and how do I adjust them so I dont blind people on the road :cool:

Am trying to keep the costs down as much as I can as I just paid out for Insurance, MOT and service and now bought the lights so am really skint till next month

Forgot to mention that my car is a 59 plate audi a3 sport back. Not sure if that makes any difference

Last edited:
Is this the same for car which have DRL already installed and just upgrading to LED xenons

Do I need a kuftec cable if my car came with DRL installed and is a 2009 sportback?

I heard there is a way to do this without a need of the Kuftec cable

yes you will need an adapter cable.
The headlights use different connectors on the back of them
There are 2 pins that need to be added and a couple pins will need to be changed location from the old connector to the new one. the Kufatec cable takes care of this for you.

Just make sure that you get the right cable... you need to match the kufatec cable to the year of your car, not the year of the lights

Reactions: Sevv
YES!

did you not read the thread i put in post 4? its all the same except for the pin locations as the newer cars have different plugs.

No need to run new cables into the cabin, when I did mine I just used headlight motor switch feeds which are no longer needed as you have Xenons fitted, and move them Into the central electrics. I also never used kufatec adapters I just bought two new 14 pin connectors and re-pinned them.