VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Installed my new 6500k D3S bulbs...
Thanks to @t8ups for the bulbs!
Not my best video, but hopefully made it clear enough

Reactions: Alin Marin, Glarhzilla, Relliott6879 and 3 others
Thanks for posting this video up. I'm moving abroad next year so will need to fit LHD headlights just before I go, I'll bookmark this thread for when the time comes!

Reactions: Don.wang and TimWills28
Thanks for posting this video up. I'm moving abroad next year so will need to fit LHD headlights just before I go, I'll bookmark this thread for when the time comes!

Glad I could help, isn't there stickers you could buy to stick on headlights to change the pattern over if you have halogens? Or even a setting on VCDS if you have xenons??

I have the halogen headlights and yes, the stickers would be sufficient if going on holiday or if I were only going for a few months, but I'm moving permanently so I'll need proper LHD headlights and I'll run the beam correction stickers from the time of fitment to when I leave the UK.

I have the halogen headlights and yes, the stickers would be sufficient if going on holiday or if I were only going for a few months, but I'm moving permanently so I'll need proper LHD headlights and I'll run the beam correction stickers from the time of fitment to when I leave the UK.

Oh I see! All the best

Reactions: Relliott6879
Hello guys, I have to say this is a huge work that wasnt necesary to be done.
Im sorry to post this but I also changed the bulbs without removing any piece except wheels and wheelcover.
Thats all you need to remove to change the xenon lamps

Here its the topic on a spanish forum, Actually its mine but images should explain it a bit better in combination with the video.
Sorry OP for the long process you went through

http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/topic/358897-tutorial-cambio-bombillas-xenon/

Hope it helps someone

Reactions: pburv, FrA1l3 and TimWills28
Hello guys, I have to say this is a huge work that wasnt necesary to be done.
Im sorry to post this but I also changed the bulbs without removing any piece except wheels and wheelcover.
Thats all you need to remove to change the xenon lamps

Here its the topic on a spanish forum, Actually its mine but images should explain it a bit better in combination with the video.
Sorry OP for the long process you went through

http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/topic/358897-tutorial-cambio-bombillas-xenon/

Hope it helps someone

No worries, video can be used for bumper removal as well as replacing headlight unit completely! did think there must be an easier way...but to be able to actually do the headlight bulb installation without bending down and stretching into car wing, I'd do it my way..once I know what I'm doing I'd try the Spanish method

Reactions: pburv
Finally tackled this yesterday, 5 hours from start to finish! I'm sure someone more skilled would have done it far quicker, but I do at least now have my LHD headlights installed and the satisfaction of knowing I've saved £hundreds that Audi would have charged for the job.

Reactions: TimWills28
Finally tackled this yesterday, 5 hours from start to finish! I'm sure someone more skilled would have done it far quicker, but I do at least now have my LHD headlights installed and the satisfaction of knowing I've saved £hundreds that Audi would have charged for the job.

That's the one mate! Bet you could do it again in half the time now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk