Xenon Beam Pattern

Alin Marin

Reaction score
Hello guys.
I need some help from you
I've changed my xenon bulbs for my PFL A3 from Philips XenonEco something to Philips Xtreme Vision Gen2 and my beam pattern doesn't look quite right. No bright spot in the middle, the cutout is not quite straight and is not quite wide as it was before.
Doesn anybody has a picture on the wall at night to show me how your pattern looks? And maybe at what distance from the wall was the picture taken? Thank you
P.S. the bulbs we're changed at a workshop with the headlights taken out and then adjusted at the leveling thing that they use

Are these Xenon headlights or actually Halogens?

I would have thought the beam pattern was a function of the lens rather than the bulb.

Could it be one or both is not sitting correctly in the housing?

Reactions: Alin Marin
As above, possibly bulbs aren't seated well as they can be fiddly, I'd take it back & advise them to check bulb fitments & make sure it's a flat surface preferably an MOT bay.

You are both right, I now that that is the problem. I took it back but still no difference. They even show me that they are correctlly inserted...

You are both right, I now that that is the problem. I took it back but still no difference. They even show me that they are correctlly inserted...
Why u changing when orig is best?

When I had my 8V with Xenons, I remember a pretty even spread - not a bright spot in the middle.

If you had a bright spot before and they took the headlights out to fit the bulbs, are you sure everything was refitted properly?

I
When I had my 8V with Xenons, I remember a pretty even spread - not a bright spot in the middle.

If you had a bright spot before and they took the headlights out to fit the bulbs, are you sure everything was refitted properly?
I will take a picture tomorrow to show you how mine looks. That is the problem, no even spread, actually bright spot where they shouldn't be. The problem is the cut line, is not straight.
And yeah, I think the weren't fitted properly but I payed 100€ to fit and then again 50€ to check, so that is 2 times and they say it's good. So...maybe the bulbs? Maybe when inserting the touched something that they shouldn't...

You can manually adjust I suppose

You can manually adjust I suppose
I tried that too. I think that they aren't inserted all the way. Like is a little bit behind the right spot but enough to stay there without falling back. Who design this enigne bay for A3 so that we can't easily change a bulb?

Reactions: KenL
I tried that too. I think that they aren't inserted all the way. Like is a little bit behind the right spot but enough to stay there without falling back. Who design this enigne bay for A3 so that we can't easily change a bulb?
Well buy rather LEDs what headlights u have? Standard? I changed all to led