Xenon ballast issue

crisis72rdh

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've just installed a supposedly refurbished xenon ballast unit on my S4 Cab and found that it doesn't do the auto leveling then throws the error in the DIS. The light works though.
The question I have is the xenon unit I was sent is from a vw but from what I read up online the parts are the same between vw and audi, could this though be the problem? I've checked the coding on vcds and its got the correct settings but throws the error.

No not all ballasts are interchangeable, always best to find the same or newer part number.

Thanks for the replies,

Yea, the Audi part number is 1 307 329 114 the VW part number is 1 307 329 120
From my research its the same part, just different end numbers between the brands but the car just wont have it.

The error it gives is:

Address 55: Xenon Range Labels: 4F0-910-357.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 4F0 910 357 F HW: 4F0 907 357 F
Component and/or Version: AFS 1 H01 0020
Software Coding: 0000019
Work Shop Code: WSC 00672 785 00200
Additional Info: 8E0941329A AFS-Modul links H03 0010 NOSUBSYSTEM AFS-Modul rechts
VCID: 2953E37D90E2031
1 Fault Found:

02234 - Right Headlight Power Output Stage (J668)
004 - No Signal/Communication - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 11100100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 13
Reset counter: 40
Time Indication: 0

I can't seem to talk to the module in VCDS so either there is some kind or VW lock that wont talk to the Audi system or the module is stuffed.

You have adaptive headlights, I'd say the vw module is not adaptive as it isn't connecting to the can based subsystem, again I state, get the correct module & I suspect your issues will be resolved & no, those are not Audi or vw part numbers.

Hey NHN,

Thanks for your reply. Yea I though as much. Thanks for your insight. Here are the 2 parts with the numbers I referenced. I guess the part numbers are the smaller ones above them. Anyway. Seller said they were interchangeable between brands as they both support adaptive headlights. I'll get the dodgy VW one they sent changed to one with the correct Audi number.
Audi Xenon
VW Xenon

Before you send back, swap the working one to the non working side & vice versa to prove wiring or levelling module isn't at fault, now I can see the part numbers I can possibly check the vw spec module for being adaptive or not, it .at very well be, hence swapping working unit sides.