Which console?

• Xbox One

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • PS4

Votes: 32 62.7%

• Total voters

Davekelz

Reaction score
Which are you guys buying/have you bought and why? I'm struggling to decide!

Poll up top! ;)

Last edited:
I bought a ps4.

My reason for buying is that it's more powerful yet cheaper than the xbone, plus I'm not really sold on kinect.
Games are a bit thin on the ground for both systems at the moment.
Kill zone looks amazing though, I'm a pc gamer and I was impressed by the graphics

Ps4 here as well. Although I've nothing against the xbone. Just I've been a ps man since release. I even went over to xbox 360 for a while when ps3 was released due to the lack of games. And went back to ps as that's what my mates had.
Must admit forza does look good though :(
Username is rizzini7 if anyone wants to add me (looking for friends lol)
Play cod and bf4. Mainly bf4. Battlefield tag (ASN)rizzini7

See I've always been a Playstation man myself, yet I preferred the 360 over the PS3.

This is time round though I'm swaying towards the PS4 for simplicity, price and size.

Yet, I do like forza and gears of war. Hhhhmmmm.

Umm just like last time...both! I know, I know ****** RS owners...

They are both superb in different ways. Xbox One is a true entertainment machine, I'm surprised how many times I've used the 'snap' feature to either watch TV or record some game footage while I'm playing a game. Forza 5 is sublime, worth the money for the console alone. if you're a petrol head. The online functionality, party and gaming is still the best. Makes PC gaming look like the dark ages by comparison. Talking to the Kinnect is intuitive and for me it works almost perfectly.

The PS4 is more a pure gaming machine, Resogun is just jaw dropping and stunning and I don't even like space invader type games. I can only describe it as like being in the Matrix. The PS Plus service, £40 a year, is catching up with Xbox Live and the free games such as Resogun make it worth the money. Sadly Drive Club was delayed at launch so no driving games yet. The first time the Dual Shock controller spoke to me it did freak me out a bit, it's now a match for the Xbox One controller. The PS4 camera is still a toy compared to Kinnect.

This time both consoles are superb, either is a good choice. For my money at this point the Xbox One just shades it because of the stronger games line up, especially Forza 5.

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Well I preordered the PS4 as I thought I wasn't going to get an xbox one.
Gave in and got the xbox and the PS4 for the eldests Xmas.
Haven't booted up the PS4 yet but the Xbox is a truly amazing machine. Looks a lot better in the flesh, quiet and the kinect looks a lot better than I thought it would.
Gaming I'm a COD ghosts fan and it looks and runs amazingly. Got Fifa14 as well that is great if it's ur cup of tea.
One point is even tho the PS4 is 1080p and the x1 is 720p stepping up to 1080p if u YouTube cod ghosts comparison gameplay the xbox colours look a lot sharper to me.
Didn't think I'd use the connect but as above it really is great to speak to use the machine.
Snap is fantastic for multitasking :)
Only negative was the time the first update took but no biggy, well worth the wait :)

Reactions: MBK
Quick PS4 update after a chance for some family gaming today. Oh wow this machine is good.

First you have Playroom which uses Augmented Reality to turn your room in to the game environment. My 4 year old loves this and has howled in laughter at if for 2 hours solid. This will sound a bit weird but is truly amazing. You use the controller to throw some virtual reality robots around your room. You can then interact with them with your hands and feet or the Dual Shock controller. If you give then a good kick they 'impact' the TV screen with a realistic thud and shake. You then get to dyson them back up with a tractor beam type ray that looks l;ike some harry potter magic coming from the dual shock on screen. Amusingly it also seems to be able to x-ray your skeleton! This might not sound much to adults but for a 4 year old it really does look like magic. Highly entertaining and seamless interaction.

War Thunder - for the older players the free to play War Thunder beta is a must play. Such resolved air war game play either plane v plane or plane vs ground. I've never seen a flight sim work this well on a console and so cleverly across ability levels with various flight models available. The air to ground kills feel like proper WWII 50ft from the ground whites of their eyes madness while the dogfighting is so satisfying you will feel like a true fighter ace.

So well done PS4 because these are both free titles and will provide hours of entertainment aside from the AAA games which I'm yet to get time to try (because Forza 5 is just so good on the One).

As I said before either console is now a great choice both with real innovations.

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Can't wait to give the PS4 a spin after ur comments MBK and after everything iv read elsewhere.
Seems to be the same vibe iv seen that both are extremely fantastic machines.
Neither fans have been disappointed and with the prices I'm sure PS4 have gained a lot more buyers.
But at least they are both starting off level pegging which at the very least will keep everyone happy.
Can't wait to see how far the developers can push them both to give us what we deserve :)

I've had both 360 and PS3 but never really played the PS3 once I'd tired of forgetting how to play Gran Turismo and effectively re-learning each time, but I still play the 360 a lot when I'm home. I soon gave up on the PS3 and just stuck to the 360 for games and used the PS3 as my BR-player.

When the first comparisons came out I did consider going to the PS4 since M$ were originally planning some pretty stupid 'features' (though none of them really affected me - being online every day isn't an issue and I don't buy 2nd hand games so that wouldn't have mattered either) and the PS4 is undeniably more capable with it's GDDR5 RAM - hence CoD:Ghosts running at 720p/1080i on One and 1080p on PS4.

Once I'd had a think I decided that sticking with Xbox was the way for me, if only for familiarity. Most of my friends have a 360 and PS3, but again most are planning on getting Ones rather than PS4s and we all seem to play the xbox more (though I'd not be surprised if most of us end up with both again).

I'm not buying yet - maybe next year.

Will probably go down the ps4 route unless MS allow companies such as Logitech or Thrustmaster to make steering wheels for them as couldn't get a decent wheel on Xbox 360. I found driving games on a joypad is easier than with a wheel so I used to get bored quickly.

Would love to see GTA on one of these machines.

The first Xbox One wheel is already available, it's about £300. The force feedback effects are superb, really next gen even compared to the Fanatec wheels on the 360. For a licensed Ferrari product the materials are slightly lower quality than I'd have expected but as it works so well I can live with that. You can feel surface changes and bumps in the track and most importantly the limit of the tyres is perfectly simulated. With simulation steering the kick back through the wheel over kerbs is spot on too. Understeer is easy to detect and the transition to oversteer is intuitive, recover a big slide or hold a purposeful dridft and you get to feel like a sim driving god for a few seconds. The motor strength is also truly impressive, I have mine set to 65% strength which feels like a road car because at 100 you need arms like Popeye to fight the sensations.

Thrustmaster_Xbox_One_Racing_Wheel_and_Pedals.jpg

Reactions: MartayMcFly and Wicked666
Interesting reviews on both machines here.
I'm normally a PS guy but I have been keeping an open mind with which one to get.
I'm out in Dubai at the moment and the PS4's, with Killzone, are only £280 whilst the Xbox Ones are nearly £600!!!!
I still need to look into both machines abit more before I commit.
I've still got GTA 5 to complete on the PS3 first!

Ps4 without a doubt. Just feel the xbox is too gimmicky with no real gaming function. Forza and any possible Halo release would be the only deciding factors.

I had two xbox 360's both got red rings of death. Moved to a ps3 that I bought second hand and it's never missed a beat in 3 years.

Well I've got two week left our here before I return to the UK. I buy a PS4 here for £280 which comes with either Knack or Killzone.
Is this a good deal and should I get one at this price or is the Xbox One better? And which games best? X box Ones are more expensive here than the UK.

I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but I'm quite disappointed with the One. The graphics aren't much of a step up from the 360, the Live/Party/networking is all over the place (none of the menus make sense, performance is very patchy, functions are missing) and so far the games choice leaves a lot to be desired. The Kinect is kind of amazing though, but I'm not sure it's enough to justify bothering to move up from the 360 just yet. Also the actual console is enormous and I don't like the build quality nor the feel of the new controllers.

I've found almost the reverse. The games are limited on the PS4, Killzone looks great as a tech demo but the game play isn't great. Resogun is fantastic the best game on PS4 so far. PSN+ is a great deal with the free games, Don't Stave this month. All the other games are available on other formats. I think the best game on PS4 at the moment is the free to play War Thunder beta (just void the pricey paid elements!).

I still find Xbox live more accessible and intuitive. The ability to snap the TV screen in screen is a great bonus too, I'm surprised how often I'm using this - usually for live sport in the corner while I play a game. As for games it all depends what you like but the of the One exclusives Forza 5 is an excellent racer that is getting better with each patch and DLC pack. Dead Rising 3 is zombie bashing fun, especially with the combo weapons. Ryse is surprisingly playable, better than the reviews suggested.

Whichever console you chose I think the current must have games are:

Assassins Creed 9/10 - so well balanced as an exploration/stealth/fighting game.

FIFA 14 9/10 - oh wow does it look good on next gen.

Forza 5 9/10 - [One only] the visuals, improved handling and endless hours of entertainment for sim racers that is just getting better and better. The 'ring DLC will make this a far more complete game. Superb new force feedback model through the Thrustmaster wheel too.

Resogun 9/10 - [PS4 only] space invaders re-invented, tests your reactions and concentration to the limit. I'm rubbish at it but I still love it all the same. Addictive and best of all free with PSN+.

Battlefield 4 8/10 - great multiplayer battles but still a little unstable at times. Looks stunning on next gen and on PC it's the most lifelike game I've experienced to date.

Xbox Fitness 8/10 [One only] - the Kinnect sensor is at it's best with this 'game', it detects body motion, effort and heart rate surprisingly well. In any case I find exercising with Tracy Anderson quite motivational...

Deadrising 3 8/10 - zombie bashing fun and who doesn't enjoy a bit of that from time to time.

COD Ghosts 7/10 - good single player campaign, the twitch multiplayer style doesn't suit me, I much prefer Battlefields tactics.

Need for Speed Rivals 7/10 - so fast your eyes will bleed, just feels a bit too much the same as the earlier NFS games, good all the same and brilliant tablet link for overwatch - where you can help or hinder other players.

Ryse Son of Rome 7/10 [One Only] - surprisingly playable hack and slash game both in single and co-op online play. Looks superb.

Killzone 5/10 [PS4 only] - stunning visuals but the game play is strange, feels like an early PS3 game in that respect.

I'm yet to try NBA2K14 but I'm told that is also a quality game.

All this adds up to good reason to move across to next gen for me and there is plenty more on the way soon. The good news this time is that both consoles are good and PC gaming is also booming. It's a good time to be a gamer.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I went with the Xbox one. Had. PS3 since release but it gut pushed to one side as a blue ray player when bought a 360.

I went with an Xbox One with Forza 5 and COD: Ghosts. Sticking with what i know

I went for an Xbox One last week - it was on Ebay the day after.

I was shocked (almost appalled) the day I bought it - the last time I bought a console was the PS2.
The xbone was abit of an impulse buy after work on Friday - couldn't really justify it but went for it anyway.

The main reason I was shocked at it was the fact that it kept demanding money!
After paying £430 (Decent amount of moolah for a console IMO) I was then almost forced into purchasing Xbox Live Gold - I couldn't even use Internet Explorer without paying for gold! - I sat with my jaw wide open for about a minute when I realized.

Couldn't use my wireless keyboard, which is MS branded.
Couldn't link to my NAS drive for streaming.
The big hyped up TV feature is simply a pass-through.

Don't get me wrong, Im sure the PS4 has its flaws - seems console gaming is an expensive business now! - feel sorry for parents who's kids wanted them for Christmas - (2nd controller, games at £40-£55 a pop, Xbox Live) - close to £600 before you know it.

Reason mines on ebay is the fact that Argos wouldn't accept it back unless it was faulty! Lesson learned.
Don't think Ill be buying a console for a good few years yet.

Reason mines on ebay is the fact that Argos wouldn't accept it back unless it was faulty! Lesson learned.
Don't think Ill be buying a console for a good few years yet.

I thought they have that money back guarantee with their products? I'd at least expect to be offered the money back as store credit

I thought they have that money back guarantee with their products? I'd at least expect to be offered the money back as store credit

Nope - consoles, mobile phones exempt unless unopened!

Bought both, ps4 is main console, xone is for microsoft exclusives, still playing the old ps3 warhorse too lol

Chris

Resurrecting this thread, I'm thinking of buying a next gen console in the near future. I've always been a PS owner in the past, but even a year in to the new generation there seem to be relatively few 'must have' games. The one which has sparked my interest in Dragon Age: Inquisition, which is available for both platforms (and the PS3, but it feels like time to upgrade).

I mostly play RPGs, driving games and action games (eg Tomb Raider). I've not been a big fan of FPS games but I do like stealth action (Metal Gear, for example).

What do people think currently about PS4 vs XB1?

Both are great machines.
I went for PS4 last Xmas and am absolutely delighted with it.
Just got GTA v and Far Cry 4...that's me sorted this christmas!

Cheers, I settled on an XB1. Decided to have a change after three generations of PlayStation hardware. The games seem very similar overall and I was keen on Project Spark which is a Microsoft first party game, so that was the decider.

My biggest hate! trying to pick a console..

PS4 - Drakes uncharted, last of us
Xbox One - Forza

Why can't they just be on both consoles!!

I must admit that Uncharted is probably the one game I will miss from the PlayStation!

Xbox One

No matter what, I could not leave my favourite game of all time - Halo

Reactions: JamieOS
So Xbox One is now preparing for backwards compatibility... 360 games will *eventually* be played via software emulation (so essentially, you can't just drop a disc in and away you go).

But hey, it's a start!

Xbox one all the way :) used to play PS1-2 when I was younger but switched because of FORZA,
Also if anyone wants to race I mainly do A Class but can do anything
GT: TH3 LOBST3R

PS4 for sure. I've always been a fan of PlayStation, it seems like their consoles are more reliable than Microsoft's. Also, the exclusives on PS are much better than the ones found on Xbox.

I went Xbox in the end, and have been mostly happy with my choice. There are a few Sony-exclusives that I miss, like the Uncharted series. And there are more JRPGs on the PS4 for sure.

However my current console of choice is the Nintendo Switch! Zelda is a masterpiece and the ability to take it on the road is fantastic given that I travel for work and so regularly have boring evenings in hotels to contend with.

personally ive always prefered playstaion over xbox, but the graphics on xbox one is outstanding to the ps4.