XBOX: Forza Motorsport

I think the ferrari 360 is MR class, handles quite well and fast.

Just won the old 1955 porsche, and it will allow an engine swap with one of the other 911, but no charging the engine. One for the classics i suppose.

Anyone tried the heavyweights yet?

Nope, still messing about with the Scooby doing some level 14/15 stuff to get some nice money/cars. Cracked level 23 now so I'll be having to use the classics and the Jap stuff soon.

I have the fear about tuning the NSX.

Kev.

I hate to say this, but there are not many BMW's to access. The M3 and M5 would have been nice, aswell as the Z series.

What do you think of the Evo over the Scoobys, unlocked the FQ330 (i think) but wasn't impressed so sold her. But see their are more to be unlocked though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And was wondering what the Mini Cooper would be like completey kitted up, nice handling for class A, maybe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I had to buy a car for the first time to do the mid engine rear wheel thing. NSX was just too powerful and a handful. So what did i get? A Vauxhall!! Although its the VX220 and it meant i won pretty easily although its a big understeery and you have to brake well in advance of the scooby braking points to keep the car from sliding off the track. Its now doing very nicely in the 400hp challenge although i took the tip of adjusting the gear ratios to limit max speed to 167 rather than 187 (i just moved each two increments - not sure if thats the scientific way!) and it made a big diff.

Still need to get my head around the camber and suspension settings - but i'll cross that bridge when i need too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Any ideas for a car for the superlight challenge. i thought the vx220 would have snuck in there with strippign out but it doesn't.

Superlight challenge...

I've looked at doing this next, I *assumed* that I could buy an Elise and stip it out... as the VX220 is really the same car that might scupper my plans, unless they have differing weights in the game.

Kev.

The Elise 111s meets the weight requirements without any modifications, I've just bought it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kev.

Just started this challenge and I'm racing against VX220's.

Ian - The comp is for unmodified cars, so if you've stripped out your VX220 it won't let you enter (stays greyed out). If you de-modify it you should be able to enter ok.

Kev.

yeh i got an old porsche (550 i think) and got wasted in the superlight. Will try unmodding the vx220.

will make a change from all the money i keep wasting on modding cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif i dont really need!! Or makes them too fast to drive!!

my old porsche 911 is much faster than all the other porsches on the nurburing b and c but i can't keep it on the track!! Its frightning how undulating that track is and how easy it is to crash! No wonder people have lost their lives there. Need to find that video of walter rohl in the 911 for some advice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just done the A class challenge. I was using my Scooby modded to A1 but often struggled. I won a Subaru WRX STi C (j) a while back, I modded that to A1 and it was easily 2-3 seconds a lap quicker.

I think the more you mod a lower grade car the benefits become less and less.

Kev.

Haven't played all week, off tomorrow so will be catching up and seeing what outstanding low level tracks need to be done.

Kevin, have you won the forza scooby? Blue with all the graphics.

For the class A and sub 400bhp i used the VX220 modded and then when i had a bit of trouble bought and elise and modded it to 340bhp i.e as far as it would go and that handled much better than the vx220!!

Spent about 2 hours with my fully modded old porsche 911RS last night on the 911 challenge (the only of that one way section i have left) and no joy, got hacked off so sold it and bought a 911 GT3 and modded it to the max and still no joy. Thats one difficult track!!!

Easiest level 20 track is the NSX challenge. they are only B specs against my S2 spec!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif THe only problem is you get bored and run off the track all the time. But you win a nice GT NSX /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ian, when you say modded it to 340 BHP, do you mean KW, or is there an option to read the BHP. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ok, level 25.

Just unlocked a beast of a Skyline (S4 as standard), can now try and finish all the point to point races. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I am pretty sure its BHP. Because its for the sub 400bhp race.
I go to the "my cars" bit and press "Y" to switch from the ratings to the power, weight etc. and if i remember correctly it shows Bhp there. Although my brain numbs when i am playing!!
Or its when you press "X" in the same bit and see the car list. And then pull the right trigger to go across to power.

I have a 399BHP VX220 which was outdone by the 340 fullmodded Elise! So much for being the same car,

Taking the young lady out tonight.So its cold turkey on Forza tonight!! I'll be back.

If you can do the 911 Point to Point race - you'll be my hero!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

911 point to point, i can't even keep my loaded 911 on the track!

Just started the NSX level 20 races with my Honda NSX-R with turbos, that car is lovely to drive.

He he . Lvl 30 now, unlocked a Ford GT too.

Half term is great, the kids keep doing the speedway with the standard scooby, again and again.

Completed the 2nd 911 race, the 1st is damm hard though.

Sorry mate, not played GT4, but for me it's not just the game that makes it, it's the LIVE play, so I'll be sticking to my Xbox.

I've got to lvl 25 I think, not had time to play for a few days and I'm away till Tuesday now so no more play for me for a while... are there 50 levels?

Have you completed all the races up to lvl 30 TDI or just unlocked to lvl 30?

Kev.

KevinT, there are at least 50 levels, but have only worked upto 30th level through cash winnings. But i am slowly working my way through the 0 - 20 level courses and the point ot point too.

Any american muscle or classic car recommendations guys?

Johnnywb, have not played GT4, but Forza is a stunning game, with excellent gameplay.

Highly recommended.

[ QUOTE ]

Spent about 2 hours with my fully modded old porsche 911RS last night on the 911 challenge (the only of that one way section i have left) and no joy, got hacked off so sold it and bought a 911 GT3 and modded it to the max and still no joy. Thats one difficult track!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just completed these 2 tracks with the GT3 (fully loaded). Found that the car comes to difficult to control at top speed, so just kept it steady, and eased off harsh braking on the straights. You should get a good start and then be around 2-3 seconds ahead by the 1st turn on the 1st track. Then just keep the lead, and stay on the track. If you loose it, well just restart again, and again. Or you can try and be really offensive, and have a slow start and try and ram the other GT2's of the road.

Just got to finish the point to point with the Skyline and thats all those done with golds now.

well done mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

i will have to get it out tomorrow and give the porsche gt3 a shot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

About level 35 now, just got 2 races left on point to point (skyline) and the corvette races on level 0, which are soo hard. H

Half way through the level 10 races, but have not even bothered with the unmodified races.

And the Zonda is lovely for class S races. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Only playing online at the moment and enjoying it alot.

Monday nights are 5 lappers in any car/track combo we chose.

Thursday nights are one 25 lap endurance race with mandatory pitstops.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kev.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gifJust completed all the point to point tracks with Golds. No bonus car though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Just unlocked the Audi RS6 GT spec, and she's not bad either.

So how is everyone else getting on?

Ok i know i'm well late for starting to play this but just started today been playing for the last 3 1/2 hours and up to level 13 All gold of course.... ****** hell that games addictive. I've had to turn it off so the missus can watch tv lol. Will be back on it tomorrow to try to get upto level 20 or so and get some serious cars on the go! Great game.

Thanks Kevint have noticed that they sometimes try to hit you going into corners which knocks you flying....i try to avoid the racing line if its close like that. Aint been too bad so far looking forward to progressing through it. Where are you up to in it now? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Not played for a few weeks now, but upto about lvl 29.

I've been enjoying alot of racing on live, endurance and modded classes. When you get to a certain point you'll have more money than you'll know what to do with and will be able to buy most cars and mod them as much as you like.

Kev.

Glad you made it CJ.

Just reached level 42, trying to finish all the unmodified race of level 10. Most of the championship and endurance are completed, except for the S class and all the GT class.

Most fun were all the unmodified ligtweight categorys, very frustrating and close.

I've just bought the official quide for the game. No cheats in their guyus, just all hard driving tips, but does list all cars in all categorys.

Also lists all engine swaps, one of the best is the Porsche boxster, which has 3 options. Best to put the GT2 turbo lump in her, but control is another factor.

BTW, what has happened to Page 4 of this post, or shall we continue on a new thread?

Just unlocked the Enzo at level 47, amazing super car, well worth the wait. Can be fully modded with a 200KW turbo too, but just don't. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Level 50 (trumpets play).

Have now got the ceberra 12 speed, which isn't bad and the Chrylser ME12 is superb.

But keep finding myself going back to the older cars. Even tryed buying a Lexus IS300 and doing an engine swop for the bi-turbo lump, and the Jaguar XJ220 is probably one of the best handling Super cars with a modified top speed which is outstanding.

Well, no more levels now and just too much money to spend on the complete Audi and VW range.

Nah, i got my boy to keep playing the speedway in my NSX, with all the difficultys on, each 5 minute game brings in 64K, so we could unlock all the special cars. lol.