XBOX 360 Problem please help!!

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Had my 360 a while its the one with the hard-drive.

When i heard the new GTA was coming out i set to work to get it set-up to play online.

Plugged the phone line in the back and it says it needed an update so clicked yes and it restarted. It then froze and i rest it and its just got a flashing red light round the power button??

Is it knackered now? And is there anything i can do or do i have to buy another one?

Help ASAP would be great as i was going to try and get GTA tomorrow!

Jason

Look on ebay and there is guides to help you fix it. you may have to pull it apart to do it though, so if you dont fancy that get a new one.

Thanks for that.

Its not doing any of the red light stuff now though, ive plugged the phone line in the back and when im tryng to get into xbox live it just freezes after a few minutes?

Any ideas??

J

Bit of an update:

I managed to get it working, no red light or anything now. I signed in to XBOX live. Im guessing now all i have to do is buy the XBOX live membership from game?

Im JasonB89 if any-one wants a game on fifa?

J

you normally get all the red lights when a cable is loose like the video cable. If its 3 red lights its going back to microsoft, if its 2 game set match!

Strange,

Its all working now? Dont know whatthat could have been?

Ive basically got a cable going straight from my Modem downstairs to my xbox upstairs. It kept freezing when i got to putting my email address in.

All working now dont know how i did it?

Im user JasonB89 if any-one wants a game?

J

Had my 360 a while its the one with the hard-drive.

When i heard the new GTA was coming out i set to work to get it set-up to play online.

Plugged the phone line in the back and it says it needed an update so clicked yes and it restarted. It then froze and i rest it and its just got a flashing red light round the power button??

Is it knackered now? And is there anything i can do or do i have to buy another one?

Help ASAP would be great as i was going to try and get GTA tomorrow!

Jason

You had the 'ring of fire' lucky man as Jonesy said thats a dead Xbox, send me home to Gates! I think its a massive hardware failure, but in your case maybe not! I believe if you do suffer the 'ring of fire' you can call it in and Gates will, collect, repair, re-deliever and give you a 3year warranty! Service or what! :)

Can any-one who's sent their xbox off explain what i have to do if they could please?

Is there just a number a iring or something? Its finally given up and 3 red lights on it now.

Says on the xbxo site you have to register your consol or something?
Or is there just a number you call?

Urgent reply would be good want to get back play GTA live lol.

Jason

Call the service centre number in your instruction manual, they will register the console for you if you haven't already. Then they will arrange for the xbox to by collected!

That simple!!

Good luck

This might be it!

0845 720 4459 oh found this as well 0800 587 1102

Did I get the right number?

Hope you got it sorted!