WTF...sidelights

marknjayne

Reaction score
How the hell do you remove them....fingers are bleeding,knuckles sore....what the hell LOL,any tips would be very appreciated

2006 A3 BTW

Grab the wires and pull gently first to take up the slack, and then pull firmly.
The side lights will pop out then.

The wires are secured in the connectors well enough to remove the bulbs in this way.

cheers guys,thought it may have been a twist and pull or like the headlights push down etc but there is nothing in the handbook,again,thanks :)

right,fitted both and only one works,these are the proper can-bus type,the place i bought them from said they are + and - and are specific,he said if i get one the wrong way around and it dont work the other way to close the car up,have a cuppa and try again,so,im having the cuppa,does this sound correct what he said

right,fitted both and only one works,these are the proper can-bus type,the place i bought them from said they are + and - and are specific,he said if i get one the wrong way around and it dont work the other way to close the car up,have a cuppa and try again,so,im having the cuppa,does this sound correct what he said

Mine was exactly the same, only one side worked. I tried swapping the bulbs over to see if it was a faulty bulb but it did the same.

So I switched everything off, locked the car and left it for a while. When I came back all was good :)

Mine was exactly the same, only one side worked. I tried swapping the bulbs over to see if it was a faulty bulb but it did the same.

So I switched everything off, locked the car and left it for a while. When I came back all was good :)

cheers Wez...sounds like he was not telling porkies then :)

turn the car off and take the key out, then turn the bulb around and try again. it always helps to take the key out and then put it back in if the car throws an error.

all done now,thanks a lot guys for the help ;) ...makes such a difference over the yellow lights,also have the LED interior lights (white) and a pair of these but the 100w version,now just need the number plate bulbs and full beam to finish off

Hope you don't use your headlights much - those bulbs chuck out twice the heat, besides being illegal! :angrymod:

Hope you don't use your headlights much - those bulbs chuck out twice the heat, besides being illegal! :angrymod:

really,thought they would chuck out a bit more heat but how can they be illegal,they seem no brighter and are not all that blue if im honest

Yes

Personally it doesn't bother me one bit. I think it's a stupid law. My brother had then in his BMW for a couple years with no issues

how odd,,would have thought it would not matter as full beam is illegal to use with oncoming traffic anyway so i would have thought 55w ,100w or 200w...it still blinds oncoming traffic,well im going to do that anyway and see how i get on ,they are cheap enough to so may get a spare set of 55w too

1. small hands
2. long ,small blade flat head screwie, get if in from the side leaver it out and it slides out then grab it by the wires and say ( you fuc£in little $Hit ) dont ever make me do that again.
3. have a brew and plaster you fingers up

They still get too hot for the plastics in headlights and they can in some cases melt the insulation on the modern, thin wiring, with prolonged use.

Been there, got the T-shirt!:bye: