1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF MMI SCREEN

sunshinewelly Oct 7, 2018

1. sunshinewelly

sunshinewelly Active Member

just finished cleaning my car and noticed on the MMI screen the following marks. Anyone know what these are. Used a clean microfibre cloth. There was a tiny rough dot in the centre of the marks. After cleaning that area it's left the marks you can see on the screen. It cant be seen at alltimes but at the right angle it is very visible. It's like the coating of the screen has come away. Anyone know if you can actually replace the screen itself. 20181007_152428.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. sunshinewelly

4. sunshinewelly

Just looked online and it appears to be the anti glare coating which has come off. It's ridiculous I used a clean micro fibre cloth and water. How soft is this coating. Anyone know if audi will cover it under warranty as it should not come off so easy. I was not exactly rubbing hard.

5. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

I don't know how its happened but I clean mine also with a micro fibre cloth and the screen is fine. The only thing you can do is to see if audi will fix it under the warranty, however I forsee problems...

6. sunshinewelly

I am always careful and quite OCD when it comes to cleaning. Really peaved off.

7. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

I would feel the same...

8. sunshinewelly

It's almost as if that patch in the centre was not affixed properly as the rest of the screen was fine after I cleaned it