Write off i think :(

S3DUST

Just add boost :D
Reaction score
So last night the S3 had a fight with a Stag ! and although the stag lost,the S3 is badly bruised to say the least, and i think may well of been given a fatal blow :(

My wife and I were not injured, which is a true testament to the strength and build quality of the Audi, it really did save our lives last night i feel !

Basically the Stag literally teleported from no where around 3 meters infront of the car and by the time i had hit the brakes i had hit it the damage is significant.

Both front airbags
Dash from airbags
Windscreen
Two wings
Bonnet
Bumper
Radiator
Intercooler
Aircon Rad
Two headlights
Front cross member
Lots of clips etc

This is just my untrained assessment of the damage, but i fear them is much more and the damage is going to be beyond economical repair :( But metal can be replaced people cant....

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC 1004

Very unlucky. Glad everyone's ok though. I had a moment last year up in glencoe where I very nearly hit one of the lighters, could only imagine hitting one wouldn't be too nice

Reactions: S3DUST
Main thing is you're both alright!

To me that looks like a definite write off, but could be wrong!

Oh no! Very sorry for your loss dude! Main thing you and Mrs are OK.

Really sorry to hear that. Glad no one was injured ! That is crazy the damage it's done :( . Very true statement that 'metal can be replaced people can't' hope all goes ok with sorting it all bud !

Firstly as you say people can't be bought from TPS, parts for an Audi can so glad to hear you and the Mrs are unhurt.

Secondly, sorry to hear of your misfortune buddy...How much do you like your S3? You could always buy it back and repair it yourself?

Or buy back and break it for parts...

@S3DUST sorry to see your car like this. As long as you and your wife are ok thats what matters.

Damn, feel for you mate, as stated. glad to hear you and SWMBO walked away from it... hope Insurance sorts you and you get back motoring again soon :(

Hey....really sorry to see the damage,but very glad you're both OK after that.

It must have been a shocking crash.....as before,glad you're allright,and hope you can save the car as well.

very sad to see this! you must be gutted but main thing is you and your wife are ok!

Im going to see what the insurance says tomorrow, obviously they need to asses the damage. If it is written off im in two minds what to do.. I love the S3, and i love my S3 but i cant see it ever being the same again. If the insurance decide to repair it then i will see if i keep it, but if its a write off i might consider a change Q7 maybe....

****** hell, glad you're both OK, that's an almighty mess. Were you all transported home or is that pic taken somewhere else?

****** hell, glad you're both OK, that's an almighty mess. Were you all transported home or is that pic taken somewhere else?

We were all taken home and the car dropped at the house, it was like a scene out of Final Destination last night :( unknown to me a car had already hit one moments before :( and then i hit one. Then a car going the other way ended up crashing into the one that i had hit a few minutes later and actually ended up on top of the poor thing :( it was a really big one huge horns around the size of a cow...

thanks for all the messages guys ....

Reactions: Jake 61, leshkin and S3Alex
Air bags have gone, the cars dead matey

You will have a couple k just in the interior bits,

Wow. Like the others, I'm glad to hear that you and the missus were unhurt.
Stags are a pain in the a**e. They wander or run out in front of you when you least expect it and as you found out, the damage can be curtains for a car.
One local haulier to me, had a new Scania hit two on the same day....!
The cost for repairs, a cool £23,000....!
They always come in pairs as well, so if you miss the first one, always look out for the second.

That sucks dude! Not long after you'd got it all done too!

It's probs worth just accepting the write off, buying it back and selling what parts you can to recoup some extra money for the next motor. Looking at that it's going to be bent at least at the front and plus airbags deployed its probs not worth saving!

Gutted for you dude.

Wow, as many have said... it's only a car. Glad you both walked away unharmed.

Gutted for you mate! Just got it all done too....Echo the above comments least your both ok

Wow, that must have been quite a shock.

As above mate - a car's a car, and the important thing is that everyone's ok...

Great to see you and the missus both left the scene unhurt (outside of the shock of course), car can always be replaced!

Glad u are both ok,
how fast were you going?
Thats a lot of damage or was it a fat stag? :D

Reactions: Andy Crooks, MrsLauraB and S3DUST
Sorry to hear about the damage mate glad your both okay.. Hopefully all goes well for you

Glad u are both ok,
how fast were you going?
Thats a lot of damage or was it a fat stag? :D
I was doing about 50mph, I don't think I had even hit the brakes before I hit it :-( it literally was 2 meters infront of me, I had no chance :'( it was around the size of a cow! Fully mature horns and the lot!

ouch 50mph - zero in 2Metres is asking a bit even for S3 brakes:distress:

sorry about ur car bud, back in dec u asked about insurance, this is why we need to tell them everything, cos u never now when a crazy stag will decide to play chicken with a car... My car is much more than just a piece of metal n i think its the same to u too, so feel 4 ya, but family is way more important so glad u n ur missus r fine;)

I was doing about 50mph, I don't think I had even hit the brakes before I hit it :-( it literally was 2 meters infront of me, I had no chance :'( it was around the size of a cow! Fully mature horns and the lot!
yeah.. no chance for any saving there :(

At least you're both okay which is the main thing. IMHO that's a write off. Remember cars are meant to absorb impact so the damage always looks worse than you would expect. Still I wouldn't like to hit something that size having previously only hit a dog that decided to move into the fast lane of an A road from the central reservation. Not pretty.
Interesting that you're considering a Q7 as I was in a tyre place today and an owner was baulking at the cost of new tyres at £210 each and asking if he could fit some cheaper ones. Lol.

That does put me off a little with the Q7 running costs and they are heavy on rubber :-(

That does put me off a little with the Q7 running costs and they are heavy on rubber :-(
Think they're run flats as well. It's a heck of an upgrade from an S3 in terms of size. Are you thinking that bigger gives more protection or have your needs changed?

It just makes a better family car I guess, and I just can't help thinking that if I had been pressing on the other night as the S3 begs you to do all the time it could of ended very badly! A Q7 is.more of a plodder and I know it's me who's in control of my right foot but less temptation might be good!

You can't think like that......if you'd been pressing on who's to say that you wouldn't have passed the point where the stag appeared 2 minutes before hand :think:........it is what it is and most importantly you're all OK and the S3 is a great family car, don't let this incident sway your thinking on that ;)

Reactions: S3DUST, Jake 61 and DriverN00B
When I say family car it's because in total we have 4 kids at home, and 6 in total every other weekend, so we always have to travel in two cars.... Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the S3 it's the best all round car I have owned. It will.be a tough decision for sure. I just wish yhe s3 saloon was a few years older and available for around the 20k mark as I wouldn't think twice about getting one!

Haha snap.....I've got 4 kids at home so understand the logistics problem, we still run an old Zafira too so we can all go out in one car but that's going in April to be be replaced by a Discovery but I get get to keep the S3 too :D

I'm srry for your loss of the car but thankfully you and your Mrs are both ok!
Where did u hit it? Was it around dusk?

Me and my dad hit one couple of years ago similar situation-was in my dads glove v70.

Again we came off uninjured but the car was badly damaged-it got fixed though and all looks good again(not as good as s3 though:)