Wrapping Roof Rails on Sportback.

G

Goner

What's peoples opinions on this, thinking of wrapping the roof rails on the SB as they've gone milky, matt black is what i'm thinking which is pretty similar to the Black Edition's with the rails on.

Has anyone done it? I won't be doing it myself, i'll get someone that knows what they are doing to do it.

Photos would be help helpful.

Cheers.

mines matt black as standard.

not the best photos. but sort of gives you an idea

I plastidipped mine. Wrapping it might be a difficult, plastidip was easy enough. 4 coats and its been fine ever since.

I plastidipped mine. Wrapping it might be a difficult, plastidip was easy enough. 4 coats and its been fine ever since.

The guy that's doing my A3 says it won't be a problem so i'll go down the wrapping route.

Just out of curiosity what sort of price was the plastidip?

Mine are standard and are looking a bit tired, don't have the time to go all OCD and bring them back to shiny. Plays when I get window tints done it should work well. (Akoya silver also)

Just out of curiosity what sort of price was the plastidip?

Mine are standard and are looking a bit tired, don't have the time to go all OCD and bring them back to shiny. Plays when I get window tints done it should work well. (Akoya silver also)

~£18 a can. One is enough. I did my grill and mirrors too with two cans and have some spare left.

when you use plasti dip do you need to mask up the rest of the car or do it actually work like the youtube videos

Was going to remove the roof bars to do it. Haven't decided what else to do but I did see a plastidipped s3 in matte blue and that looks gorgeous!