Wrapping front grill surrond

Stu M

Reaction score
So im looking to wrap the silver trim surround around my grill, i have a 2018 FL sportback RS3 and i hate the silver trims to the mirrors, windows and grill - im having the windows and and mirror caps done but the wrappers say they can't do the surround unless the 'quattro' letters can be removed

Questions

1. Can the letters be popped off from behind
2. Can the trim be changed to the black gloss version instead of being wrapped or is it integral to the grill
3. Can i buy silver quattro letters - i have silver trim black letters, i want black trim silver letters lol

BTW - mirror caps are £25 each and windows are £80 for wrapping - all in £210, grill would be £120

Hope you guys can help

Cheers

Two previous cars of mine below. The B7 had the front grill and window surrounds wrapped black. What I will say is that it is very prone to stone chips and road rash. If damaged you will see it and 'repair' is not easy. This will be especially so if you have the added complication of removing the Quattro lettering each time you want it re-done. Something to consider is leaving the Quattro lettering off the car while you evaluate the longevity of the wrapping...

IMG 0576

Reactions: teslaboy
So im looking to wrap the silver trim surround around my grill, i have a 2018 FL sportback RS3 and i hate the silver trims to the mirrors, windows and grill - im having the windows and and mirror caps done but the wrappers say they can't do the surround unless the 'quattro' letters can be removed

Questions

2. Can the trim be changed to the black gloss version instead of being wrapped or is it integral to the grill
3. Can i buy silver quattro letters - i have silver trim black letters, i want black trim silver letters lol

BTW - mirror caps are £25 each and windows are £80 for wrapping - all in £210, grill would be £120

Hope you guys can help

Cheers

Ive just bought the aluminium bumper inserts to retro fit the alu styling pack so I will have the same inserts to sell in black....... let me know if youre interested

Car 1st reg March 18, approx 2200 miles

Questions

Hope you guys can help

Cheers

Re read your post

I think its a full grill replacment approx £900 to achieve what you want

I think the lettering is integral to the grill and is one piece

So its alu grill and black lettering or black grill and ??? silver lettering

Ive just bought the aluminium bumper inserts to retro fit the alu styling pack so I will have the same inserts to sell in black....... let me know if youre interested

Car 1st reg March 18, approx 2200 miles

cheers - im only really after the grille surround if im honest and i doubt your selling that ? If you are i will take it off your hand

Re read your post

I think its a full grill replacment approx £900 to achieve what you want

I think the lettering is integral to the grill and is one piece

So its alu grill and black lettering or black grill and ??? silver lettering

hi - i have the grill as standard - gloss black honeycomb etc - the surrounding trim is silver (aluminium look but not aluminium) i want to change the trim to black but in doing so the lettering will need to be changed to silver - the 'black pack' was an option on the car that i didn't take :-(

i don't think the trim will come off so im thinking of wrapping it but i need to take the lettering off to wrap it

hi - i have the grill as standard - gloss black honeycomb etc - the surrounding trim is silver (aluminium look but not aluminium) i want to change the trim to black but in doing so the lettering will need to be changed to silver - the 'black pack' was an option on the car that i didn't take :-(

i don't think the trim will come off so im thinking of wrapping it but i need to take the lettering off to wrap it
Don’t think it detaches so you’ve got a fight on your hands
Good luck

So im looking to wrap the silver trim surround around my grill, i have

Just to chime in with my experiance. Ive the ara blue which came with aluminum trim.

Front bumper grill trim, rear spoiler and mirror cases are plastic - had mine sprayed by bodyshop to gloss black. Quattro lettering is stuck on with 3m tape. Had the original black letters sprayed silver. finished item looks great and very oem...you cant tell difference..

window trims are metal, hence would have difficulty in bonding paint to metal but not impossible. I got those bits wrapped. My complaint with wrapping is that it has an ever so slight texture, so a keen eye can tell its a wrap.

All in all- very happy with resprays at £200 for the lot - more cost effective than replacing trim as you would have to buy new at astronomical prices...not many breakers around yet... hope that helps.

sorry for posting twice.
Just to chime in with my experiance. Ive the ara blue which came with aluminum trim.

Front bumper grill trim, rear spoiler and mirror cases are plastic - had mine sprayed by bodyshop to gloss black. Quattro lettering is stuck on with 3m tape. Had the original black letters sprayed silver. finished item looks great and very oem...you cant tell difference..

window trims are metal, hence would have difficulty in bonding paint to metal but not impossible. I got those bits wrapped. My complaint with wrapping is that it has an ever so slight texture, so a keen eye can tell its a wrap.

All in all- very happy with resprays at £200 for the lot - more cost effective than replacing trim as you would have to buy new at astronomical prices...not many breakers around yet... hope that helps.

I’d really like to carbon skin the trim and the front bumper insert and rear diffuser. So basically all the stuff that you can spec in black or ally. My mate has an RS4 with carbon bumper insert, it looks lovely. IMO on a black car with black pack it’s just a bit too much.
Obviously that’s big cost, however I thought for the time being of doing the trim in dark satin much like the B7 RS4 titanium pack, thought that might look quite nice on black.