Wrapped my mirrors

Han4mi

Reaction score
Thought I'd share my newly wrapped mirrors. I used 3m carbon finish vinyl. This was my first time doing this so the first mirror took around 2h, but the second one was around 20 minutes. The result is pretty nice, like it a lot. I'll be doing the roof next week.

20190324 144411
20190324 144400
20190324 144354
20190324 144340

Reactions: HertS3, IgorFB, rvtb101 and 3 others
That looks spot on - you could have a new career :icon thumright:

Reactions: Han4mi
I have the same car but in Sportback. I love it I want to do something similar! Nice work.

Very nice I want to do mine but wouldn’t know where to start.

Do you take the mirror caps off first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice I want to do mine but wouldn’t know where to start.

Do you take the mirror caps off first?

No need to take the mirror caps off. You need a solid wrap film (get 3m or similar, not the cheap stuff), a decent hair dryer, isopropyl alcohol to wipe the mirror cap surface, a squeegee, a sharp knife and 3m knifeless cutting tape. The last one is a must as it saves you the pain of trimming and you don't have to risk scratching the car. I watched several hours of youtube videos as applying the film correctly is essential to get a consistent finish.

Reactions: Phil-1
No need to take the mirror caps off. You need a solid wrap film (get 3m or similar, not the cheap stuff), a decent hair dryer, isopropyl alcohol to wipe the mirror cap surface, a squeegee, a sharp knife and 3m knifeless cutting tape. The last one is a must as it saves you the pain of trimming and you don't have to risk scratching the car. I watched several hours of youtube videos as applying the film correctly is essential to get a consistent finish.

Thanks will look at YouTube first