Wow waterless washing.....

Richy_C

Reaction score
had to share this.

I bought all that cleaning stuff for nothing :think:

Thats pretty amazing, I'd be a bit scared though... How many clothes do you recon you'll need for that truck 12-16? based on around 2 per panel!

Thinking in a real scenario though if our cars are a little road dirty you could do a full wash with about 4 towels. I'm the same I don't think I'd dare do my car if it was as dirty as that truck mind!

Anyone who would drag a microfiber through any amount of dirt on a dry car shouldn't be allowed near a car.
I refuse to believe this won't be causing swirls, marring and holograms everywhere.

If it did exactly what they say it does why would anyone use anything else

Reactions: steeve, S3orge, JohnM100 and 1 other person
That will scratch the crap out of your car. You are basically pushing the dirt all over, doing scratches on the way. Water regardless is needed. No thanks #swirlmarks

The carnauba wax will temporarily hide the carnage for a while to reveal a nice snake pattern.

I 150% agree with the above comments about scratching etc (and to be fair they do mention about turning the microfiber cloth in the video).

The only thing which makes me wonder on this is that Chemical Guys is a respected name in the detailing business - would they really risk their reputation etc on something that could damage your car?

I'll still use conventional methods for my S3, but it does make me wonder if this might be the way of the future?

I bought some waterless wash but dread to use it coz I think it will scratch my paint work.

Anyone who would drag a microfiber through any amount of dirt on a dry car shouldn't be allowed near a car.
I refuse to believe this won't be causing swirls, marring and holograms everywhere.

If it did exactly what they say it does why would anyone use anything else

The secret is that it's not a dry car. The chemicals in the spray lubricate the dirt and actually do a better job at that than soap and water (or at least as good). In our winters when it is well below freezing 4-5 weeks in a row I use a similar product, Black Diamond Rinseless Wash, to avoid turning my driveway into a skating rink. I assure you my paintwork has no swirls. It's cool stuff. Technology marches on but I still use the old school methods in summer because I enjoy it.

Last edited:
How often does it have to be applied ?
Whenever your car is dirty enough that you feel like washing it ;-)

Edit - Sorry, I guess you were referring to the Nissan stuff. Good question

Last edited:
Cool video. The tech seems to be based around encapsulation. I must admit it would feel very strange doing this as it would feel like you are about to scratch your paint!

I wonder what the differences in this and QD are.

OK I was scared the first time I used ONR, which has actually turned out to be amazing (I almost never use a pressure washer or Two Bucket Method any more) but there's no way that I think I could be persuaded to use that on a decent car. Would be far too scared of marring and swirls.

I only ever experimented with ONR myself because I moved to a flat with no facilities to clean the car otherwise, but this is one experiment too far for me....

Anyone else want to try on a freshly corrected panel and report back? :)

I'm sceptical, but open minded. Until I'd seen it used I wouldn't use it on my car.
My cousins husband uses a waterless wash and his Merc is covered (I mean covered) in swirls, But then again he might be doing it all wrong?

Maybe we might soon need waterless wash for washing our plates, Cutlery's and maybe cloths.
Its still sounds rubbish to me.

I'm sceptical, but open minded. Until I'd seen it used I wouldn't use it on my car.
My cousins husband uses a waterless wash and his Merc is covered (I mean covered) in swirls, But then again he might be doing it all wrong?
This is usually the case, incorrect use. Certainly I've used ONR with great success but I took the time to learn how to use it.