WOW !!!!! MR MUSCLE TURBO CLEANNING

Good Evening Paul,

I'd want to ensure I'm not putting oven cleaner in my car willy nilly, I'll be posting some pics tonight. I kinda do & kinda don't understand evilscotsman's post. As I've asked before any risk if this stuff getting into your CCV? You'll see what I'm trying to say when I post the pics.

m8 its simple drop the egr pipe of get some thin piping and feed it as low down as poss you will feel it go down if it doesnt youll also know and feel the pipe bend, dont go mad with the foam to start with because it exspands very quickly... so do bit at a time... leave it approx 1hr before you start it back up m8.... and then take it a spin and give it some beans.... you'll see how much crud comes out then.. i gave mine a blast so the foam doesnt leak over the top of the manifold and kept giving a few squirts for a few mins

Thanks James, I knew the guide existed, just wanted ensure how it was done on the B6 A4's. Mark, I understand that aspect where the I use a metre long by 3mm silicone tubing, etc. but in respect to removing the exhaust manifold bolts (x3) connecting to the shrimp shaped turbo, does this need doing? As I've said, on the other end is the CCV pipe, obviously we wouldn't want oven cleaning fluid getting there. People have moved the turbine & the actuator, how would I go about doing this? I know where the actuator is, know how how to physically move it about, or does it need 'wiggiling' once I've been for blast? Thanks.

no m8 the cleaner is only in the exhaust housing no were else there is somewere a read up were garret say this is a very safe way of cleanning the turbo blades also on v.a.g i did not remove any manifold bolts...

I take it the exhaust housing is towards the turbine blades? (Sorry, as you can see I'm not great at technical wording, when it comes to mechanics) Did you have a look at my pics? If you can explain, or even do one better, amend the pics (Some captions might be wrong, hence the request), then I'd be grateful. :icon_thumright: In terms of moving the actuator, in order to free it, if stuck, does it require moving before I go for a rip or after?

m8 you wont need to touch the actuator just remove the egr pipe and give it a blast.... as in your diagram your correct.... you can see the actuator arm m8 so you will beable to move this before you do anythink it should be fine anyhows

Can someone please do a step by step guide with pictures for b6?

May seem rediculous - but I cant find any Mr Muscle foam anywhere!? Been to Tescos, Co-op, and Asda and all they have is a spray!? Any other suggestions? I wanted to do this tonight!

it' a orange spray tin m8 oven cleaner.....spray that turns to foam....

Hello all,

A question about the 3mm tube, what length would I need and how much of it do I put down the EGR hole?

How are you guys getting on since doing this bit of work? Any issues with seals, pipes, etc?

did mine today

got a little puff of black out the back and thats it! and no noticeable difference!

I must have one clean turbo already!

It seems that at least half of those who have tried it have had no improvement. Would be good to have a little poll to see the numbers of those who did.

edit: actually reading through, I think most folk got a good result from it!

Last edited:
Good Morning All,

I've made an attempt, but I'm struggling to get the damn tubing into the turbo. It seems it wants to go left instead of down! :search: How did you manage to get down as far as the turbo vanes? I've tried twisting the pipe & alll sorts but no luck.:sob: The oven cleaner just kept comin out of the pipe instead of going down the pipe.:angrymod: I'll be giving it another go on A.S.A.P, in the meantime I'm thinking shall I disconnect the turbo from the exhaust manifold?

HAS ANYONE EVER USED 10K BOOST ?????
IM PRETTY SURE THIS DOES EXACTLY THE SAME JOB ?? BUT COULD BE WRONG !
10K BOOST CLEANS EVERYTHING FROM THE CARB THROUGH TO THE EXHAUST !!!

HAS ANYONE EVER USED 10K BOOST ?????
IM PRETTY SURE THIS DOES EXACTLY THE SAME JOB ?? BUT COULD BE WRONG !
10K BOOST CLEANS EVERYTHING FROM THE CARB THROUGH TO THE EXHAUST !!!

Nope, which company makes this stuff? I tried doing the oven cleaning technique but I just could not get the pi@£ing pipe to go down into the vanes via the exhaust manifold (bearing in mind I've removed the egr pipe, connecting to the egr valve), it'd go down by approx 2-3 cm, then it'd just twist and start heading towards the left hand side of the exhaust manifold. I gave up in the end, got the can of mr muscle, attached the wd40 straw, & sprayed into the vanes (hopefully) :whistle2:. Tips anyone?

Nope, I did undo my exhaust bolts, & sprayed a fair whack of mr muscle. I tightened 'em up as much as I could. Have a gander on auto data.

Anyone? I'd like to how the heck you get it into teh turbo vanes. Length is meant to be a metre, but after 5cm of the pipe (top side I'd say) it won't want to go down any further.

Hi Guys,

I have an A3 2.0 TDI... would love to do this but am pretty useless with engines... anyone want to help me out for beer tokens/dinner money?? :)

Im in london.
thanks

Evening Pal,

How did you manage to get the silicone tubing into the turbo? I struggled, I only managed to get it down by approx. 5-6cm, the oven cleaner squirted back out, most of it did any way. I undid the exhaust connecting to the turbo and whacked in some cleaner in there, but still limpy, limpy :(

hi , just woundering did u know anything about the oil pump failure

Any updates? Would love to do this to mine but an absolute noob!

Come on guys this has been covered a million times, do a good search, i think it is even in 1 of my old threads, hold on!

Thanks, I understand the process but cant find any on a A3 2.0 TDI, and therefore I have no idea where I am actually putting the stuff.

Mrmuscle

Am I putting it down the pipe you can see unattached in this pic? As it is quite a few locations on different engines.

Thanks