• B8 White 2.0 TFSi Allroad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B8 Silver 2.0 TFSi Quattro Avant

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2.0 8v

Evolving Perspective.
Reaction score
Here's one for you all to have a look at.

These are three, real-world options available to me at the minute. All have the same odometer reading, all have very similar specs, all are very close on price.

Here's the twist .... the DTM is a '07 DTM limited, JDM, one of 150 sold in Japan. It's Tiptronic and BWE, so 197bhp, not 217bhp. Everything else is the same as the UK car.

The Allroad, 2011, is full leather with no modifications. The Avant, 2011, is S tronic with full memory function leather seats. This car has light tuning modifications.

So, which would you rather?

Indeedy, given i dont really like the B8 platform except in specific year S4 variants the only choice is the DTM , which is a great car in its own right anyway..

Reactions: 2.0 8v
Indeedy, given i dont really like the B8 platform except in specific year S4 variants the only choice is the DTM , which is a great car in its own right anyway..
Any thoughts on BWE v's BUL. Manual v's Tiptronic?

Reactions: Charlie Farley
BUL all day long with manual box, just my preference though as i have a special edition avant with both and its a great combo.

BUL all day long with manual box, just my preference though as i have a special edition avant with both and its a great combo.
Our other car is an A4 B7 2.0 TDi 170 M6s quattro avant special edition. Seriously torquey, I've been driving a 05 B7 s line, Quattro Avant, for about six years now. I just can't kill it!
I think whatever I buy, it'll be my last IC-engined car. Looking to go out with something that's a nice balance between special and usable. EV's are all super practical, sensible, enviro-friendly....but they lack that vital emotional connection. A bit like non-alcoholic beer....makes sense but it's just not the same.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
keep in mind the dtm in uk has manual boxes with bul so resale on that specific dtm wont be great at all, you may well be stuck with a car you cant sell easily or one that's value is hindered potentially massively by the running gear compared to uk cars.

keep in mind the dtm in uk has manual boxes with bul so resale on that specific dtm wont be great at all, you may well be stuck with a car you cant sell easily or one that's value is hindered potentially massively by the running gear compared to uk cars.

Very good point, Ricky. The same thoughts ran through my head too, but I kind of got used to the idea of a tiptronic. I had a deal fall through for a Silver DTM from Japan. It was the same colour as our Avant, thought they'd look nice as a colour matched pair. If I do buy, it'll be a keeper. Resale doesn't really bother me too much. I found a sprint blue DTM in Japan but I could bring in a Golf R for the same price.

The search for my last IC car continues.......

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Personally I'd run a mile from any auto box but not just because I'm a dinosaur that hates them but anything that's not within warranty could end up being a nightmare if it goes wrong..