Would you fit these?

MOA4B9

Reaction score
I couldn't resist getting these tyre valve caps from Aliexpress as they were £1. They arrived today and I'm impressed with the quality, you can even make them into jewellery . They are actually made out of aluminium and was wondering if their weight will mess up the balance of the wheel and increase tyre wear.

C232D5B9 61BC 4172 AA66 47C1A2D3E6F8
What do you think? Would you fit them?
If I don't fit them I might make them into earnings and necklace set for the misses.

No way would I fit them. Too chavy by far.

No. Metal valve caps aren’t worth the hassle. Personally don’t mind the design though.

But at least monthly and before a long journey.
As far as the valve caps are concerned a bit of copper ease will prevent any corrosion, but personally I wouldn't fit them...

Reactions: NevMan

Metal caps seizing on will likely just be a result of the moisture and dissimilar metals. If you could find a set that were made out of the same metal as the valve stem then I'd imagine you'd be totally fine (unless they were both steel and rusted together or something...). Only thing is, I don't know what the valve stems are made of. Haha.

Come on you are goading me now ;-) you should know that the stems themselves are made from a synthetic rubber. However the internal gubbins are usually made from brass...

Reactions: Daggerit
Come on you are goading me now ;-) you should know that the stems themselves are made from a synthetic rubber. However the internal gubbins are usually made from brass...

Hahaha, at least you know what I was getting at. So if the threads on the inside of your dust cap were brass too then you'd be fine I'd imagine. Don't quote me on that though... ;)

Reactions: cuke2u