Would you buy these wheels.....

No , anything diamond cut :noway:

photo-4-jpg.47578

photo-1-jpg.47580

Last edited:
Anything with the word "style" in the title puts me right off. Save for genuine wheels.

Reactions: ACWKGYTO and s3_trev
They're cheap for a reason. First pothole likely to bend a couple. Be made out of pig iron and the finish will be nowhere near audi OE

Reactions: Darren92
As above - at that price they'll be utter garbage and quite probably dangerous.

lm selling some genuine ones have a look in the for sale section ..

hi all,
Desperately want to get hold of the standard S3 alloys for my car.
They seem to be ultra rare on eBay etc but I have found these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Brand-New-18-Audi-S3-Style-Alloy-Wheels-A3-TT-VW-Golf-Jetta-T4-Seat-Caddy-/111613129157?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Car Make:Audi|Cars Type:S3 quattro&hash=

Would you touch them? Under £400 a set. Never bought a set of alloys before and want to make sure they don't fail on me.

Cheers

Short answer? Very much no!

lm selling some genuine ones have a look in the for sale section ..

Would love them, but a bit out of my price range at £1300. I could get pretty much any top branded alloys in 19" for that price...and brand new.

Would love them, but a bit out of my price range at £1300. I could get pretty much any top branded alloys in 19" for that price...and brand new.
Yes you would without tyres however.
Don't skimp on wheels and tyres is my advice.

Reactions: T-800
They're the only part of the car in contact with the road

Reactions: T-800 and The Challinor
The S3 alloy is £650 for the 18" (I've paid that price to replace one).

I shudder to think how much one 19" version is to replace

Last edited:
Reactions: TDI-line and M1ke H
As with @Pulp84 above, I've had to replace one of my 10-spoke wheels thanks to a pothole incident with my OH. Although, bless her, she's offered to pay, and I negotiated a 10% discount from the dealer (on the basis we've bought two new cars from them in the last two years), it's still going to cost her £626-odd :eek:

Reactions: Pulp84
So structurally they'll be fine, you can't do much against put holes as the materials most manufacturers use are the same, it's the finish that differs and I've seen wheels like this that have a"cheap " diamond cut, they look cheap in the daylight so I wouldn't buy them purely for that reason.

I have listed my delivery miles s3 18s on ebay , get you wallet , you only get what you pay for

Oh now mate come on, £365 for 4 brand new wheels? If that doesnt make your spidey sense tingle I dont know what will. Pure garbage is how I would describe them!

Thanks all for your input, you are right..what am I thinking!!
Considering a set of BBS SR 18" in satin grey now.
Decent make and £700 a set...I'm sure that will get some more positive feedback?

Reactions: s3_trev
Oh and I have been put off anything diamond cut, so that rules out genuine S3 alloys.....

Thanks all for your input, you are right..what am I thinking!!
Considering a set of BBS SR 18" in satin grey now.
Decent make and £700 a set...I'm sure that will get some more positive feedback?

Thats more like it! Hard to go wrong with BBS IMO.

Your choice but there are lots of cheap Chinese poor quality replicas about. There have been many cases of wheel failures. Would you buy cheap Audi 'style' brake pads?

So I got Estoril bkue 3dr hatch with black pack and privacy glass, any suggestions on what 18" would look good with this? Kinda want the grey effect look to go with the whole black look..but just not sure as always had silver alloys...

hi all,
Desperately want to get hold of the standard S3 alloys for my car.
They seem to be ultra rare on eBay etc but I have found these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Brand-New-18-Audi-S3-Style-Alloy-Wheels-A3-TT-VW-Golf-Jetta-T4-Seat-Caddy-/111613129157?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Car Make:Audi|Cars Type:S3 quattro&hash=

Would you touch them? Under £400 a set. Never bought a set of alloys before and want to make sure they don't fail on me.

Cheers
I have some genuine s3 wheels for sale. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271831435995?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Happy to remove the tyres and discuss a price for wheels only.

Reactions: s3_trev