Would S5 19" 9J ET33 Rotor alloy wheels fit my A4 B8 S Line saloon without modification?

Eldeano2

Reaction score
IMG 20200523 054217

Sure will. I had my old car lowered also with 255/35/19 tyres and no issues

734DE1AC 9CDD 4E04 A6B0 8791DF6C1DF1

Reactions: Eldeano2
Would they just be a straight off-on swap? I've heard of issues with oversize wheels/tyres rubbing on the arches or fouling suspension/steering components, or sticking out beyond the arches.

My B8 has the standard 18" 8J 5 spoke alloys with 245/40/18 tyres.

It will fit. No issues. Straight swap. They will sit flush.

Only "issue" will be that you will have more road debris hitting behind the wheel.

While my attachment is my Avant and lowered... Not a saloon... It's the same thing. 19x9 et33 s5 Peelers. No modifications (other than lowered). The wheels sit flush and absolutely perfect
60d33085398c0980b2640eb791afb1c1.jpg
1b21ef36ef3de76e6c6b82e067ff95d7.jpg

Reactions: Nitro_CR and Eldeano2
I have to agree JDP, I think my TDI S Line looks like it's on pretty wide tyres on 245/40/18's but the extra 1"wide wheels and 255/35/19's take them into another league. Its just hard justifying the cost of a decent set of rotors which might require a costly refurb on top of the purchase price & of course a set of tyres if they don't come with any. When I've just put a set of new tyres on my existing alloys which are still in decent condition after a refurb around 30 months ago, it's even harder to take that decision, especially when your wife thinks there's nothing wrong with the existing set up. :-(

Its just hard justifying the cost of a decent set of rotors which might require a costly refurb on top of the purchase price & of course a set of tyres if they don't come with any. When I've just put a set of new tyres on my existing alloys which are still in decent condition after a refurb around 30 months ago, it's even harder to take that decision, especially when your wife thinks there's nothing wrong with the existing set up. :-(

This is very understandable if you don't have a petrolhead wife....I'm lucky I do, but I still have to watch overspend (like when the house needs a new bathroom and I go and buy another set of alloys and a new suspension setup)...so I've been playing the 'Covid card'- Life's (potentially)short- so I may as well treat myself!
Alternatively- you could try a set of spacers to make your current alloys fill out the arches, and you might like them better....
and allow a bit of time to pass 'til you can splurge on bigger alloys. Just a suggestion:grinning:

Reactions: Eldeano2 and jdp1962
Would my unlowered S Line suspension have any clearance issues with the wider wheels and tyres front & rear? Would the car be likely to handle any differently with the new set up?
No issues at all. If there was no issues on my car
That was lowered bud then your car will be absolutely fine.

Stick some spacers on and say nothing lol, she won't even notice

That looks sweet, lovely colour. Did you have spacers on this vehicle?
Thanks, no spacers with the TTRS Rotors. They where Genuine off and A5 so ET33 and 9J wide so no need for spacers. I had H&R 10mm rear and 12mm front for my RS4c wheels that came
On car as they are 8.5j with et43.

72D91137 50D6 41A4 81ED 0A498576CF89

Thanks, no spacers with the TTRS Rotors. They where Genuine off and A5 so ET33 and 9J wide so no need for spacers. I had H&R 10mm rear and 12mm front for my RS4c wheels that came
On car as they are 8.5j with et43.

View attachment 214424
I am a fan of these wheels, they look great on the B8.5.

Which spacers did you go for? I was thinking 10mm front and slightly larger on the rears, so similar to your set up.

Reactions: ruairi83
I am a fan of these wheels, they look great on the B8.5.

Which spacers did you go for? I was thinking 10mm front and slightly larger on the rears, so similar to your set up.
I had H&R 10mm rear and 12mm front.
when I put 12mm on rear it rubbed. I ran 255/35/19 tyre. If you ran a 245/35/19 tyre you could go bigger on spacer at rear.

I had h&r rear anti roll bar also and it helped with handling and not rubbing as much.

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum. I'm not new to cars, I've had a few Audis (A3 1.8T, S3 225, A4 1.9TDi, B5 S4) and I'm usually a VW man. I also have a 64 beetle.
I've recently purchased an A4 B8.5 avant Technik, in LY3J Red.
I'v also bought a set of 19" x 9J, ET33 Peelers, with 255/35/29 tyres.
Going off what I've been reading here, they should fit perfectly but they don't, and they stick out about 10.
Also, I bought a set of 35mm springs but with the wheels on, I'd be lucky to get away with 20mm at the front, possibly 30mm at the rear.

Should I have gone for the ET43mm to set the wheels in further? Maybe 235/35 tyres?

I'm after your thoughts, and any advice would be welcome.
TIA