Would anyone else do this? (LED INDICATORS)

bluemoona3246

Reaction score
Would anyone swap the standard indicator bulbs for LED ones?

Ok it's a B8 A4 but would this be possible on the 8V? Would it bring up errors on the dashboard, would it affect warranty? Personally I think this would be a cool feature as LED indicators are the way forward now and look very crisp.

Don't really see the point to be honest, can hardly tell the difference.

Unless it's a recent spec change I don't think so; pretty sure they only come with Xenon (or presumably LED) headlights.

If the car has xenon or LED headlights then it will come with LED rear lights. And yes it would flag up bulb out light on The instrument cluster because of the different current, unless you were to wire in a resistor. If you don't have them then why not try retro fitting LED rear lights?

Sorry people I should've said I only have the Sport model and it has halogen headlights and bulb rear lights, no LED rear lights sadly, I couldn't afford them, they should come as standard IMO, much safer than halogen bulbs.

can't really tell the difference tbh so can't see the point, and wow that video was exceptionally long and boring for what it is featuring lol

Reactions: fm91 and RYuill
i have xenon and as far as i know the only bulbs you can change in the rear lights are fog lights and reverse.
I want some CREE leds H6W for the reverse lights because with the OEM ones I cant see a thing when reversing.

i have xenon and as far as i know the only bulbs you can change in the rear lights are fog lights and reverse.
I want some CREE leds H6W for the reverse lights because with the OEM ones I cant see a thing when reversing.

You realise that reversing lights aren't there to light the ground so you can see where you're going, right?

As for the original question - I can't tell any difference in brightness, but I think the halogens actually look better in the way they fade in and out like that!

Nah the way LEDs cut in and out instantly rather than fading in/out slightly looks way cooler :p

Don't see the point in swapping out halogen rear lights for LEDs though - if you wanted them that badly why not just spec the Xenons/LEDs to start with?

Incidentally the front indicators are halogens even with Xenons which has always struck me as weird. Unless you have LED headlights of course, where the DRLs double as the indicators.

Not enough difference to warrant the upgrade , what's the price difference ?

I am in favour of cree led reversing bulbs , mine have 12 led's each.

Yup, I'd have retina burner LED reversing lights too :thumbs up:

See & be seen is my motto ;):D

No need to do that here in Australia, even with the standard Xenon headlights, tail lights are LED.

You upgraded your reversing lights then?

Big improvement?

Yes Mr C , I went the Privacy Shades route which made things kinda dark.

Those with only 1 reversing light on a large car even more essential.

Black interior and black child seat ,so upgraded to full led interior set as well.

Talking of indicators are dynamic indicators available for the a3 like the r8? I'm sure I've seen a skoda rapid on a German website with them and it was a small box that the wire went into before going to the bulbs it's self.

Talking of indicators are dynamic indicators available for the a3 like the r8? I'm sure I've seen a skoda rapid on a German website with them and it was a small box that the wire went into before going to the bulbs it's self.
You'd have to have LED headlights. I bet there will be some kind of kit out there

Not enough difference to warrant the upgrade , what's the price difference ?

I am in favour of cree led reversing bulbs , mine have 12 led's each.

They are quite pricey, in the video he's got 50W bulbs so I'm assuming I would need the same ones, they're around £20 each so not cheap, but I think I would buy one and see if it works first. In my old Focus I swapped the reversing light for an LED one, MUCH better! :D