Would an Audi A3 8V door module work on a Audi Q2 (exact same parts numbers)?

q2us3r

Reaction score
I am hoping to retrofit folding mirrors on my dads Audi Q2 2018 but with the Q2 being still a relatively new model used parts are hard to find. For some very odd reason the Audi Q2 comes with one high door module on the drivers side (5Q0 959 593) but low module on the passengers side (5Q0 959 392) which will be to be upgraded to a high module (with the '5' in the part number) in order to support folding mirrors. Would the same exact module from an Audi A3 8V with the same exact HW/SW numbers work on the Q2 without needing parameterization (as I only have access to VCDS)? so I would be replacing a SW: 5Q0 959 392 E / HW: 5Q0 959 392 B with a SW: 5Q0 959 592 E / HW: 5Q0 959 592 B from an Audi A3 8V 2018.

Thanks in advance!

I am hoping to retrofit folding mirrors on my dads Audi Q2 2018 but with the Q2 being still a relatively new model used parts are hard to find. For some very odd reason the Audi Q2 comes with one high door module on the drivers side (5Q0 959 593) but low module on the passengers side (5Q0 959 392) which will be to be upgraded to a high module (with the '5' in the part number) in order to support folding mirrors. Would the same exact module from an Audi A3 8V with the same exact HW/SW numbers work on the Q2 without needing parameterization (as I only have access to VCDS)? so I would be replacing a SW: 5Q0 959 392 E / HW: 5Q0 959 392 B with a SW: 5Q0 959 592 E / HW: 5Q0 959 592 B from an Audi A3 8V 2018.

Thanks in advance!
Will it work? Yes, they are basically the same cars but chances are once installed your window switches will be reversed ie up = down etc and you will need to parameterise. Have seen this a lot.

@DJAlix thanks for that very quick reply! very interesting, do you know why that would that be? that seems to suggest that there is something different in the folding window logic between both cars? - maybe it would be wiser to wait and try to source it from an actual Audi Q2 then.

@DJAlix thanks for that very quick reply! very interesting, do you know why that would that be? that seems to suggest that there is something different in the folding window logic between both cars? - maybe it would be wiser to wait and try to source it from an actual Audi Q2 then.
It happens, well can happen, when you replace A3/S3 door modules with used A3/S3 door modules also. No logic to it.

Haha, thanks - better be safe then and stick to a module from an Audi Q2 - just annoying that in fleabay the part for an Audi A3 is like £10 (as there are loads on sale) but same used part for an Audi Q2 is like £60!

It happens, well can happen, when you replace A3/S3 door modules with used A3/S3 door modules also. No logic to it.

Could this be a lhd/rhd issue cause a lot of used parts on eBay come from Europe?

Haha, thanks - better be safe then and stick to a module from an Audi Q2 - just annoying that in fleabay the part for an Audi A3 is like £10 (as there are loads on sale) but same used part for an Audi Q2 is like £60!

For a tenner is it not worth a punt and see if it works. If it does then your £50 better off and if it doesn’t then you are a tenner worse off.
Just gambler in me talking though.

Could this be a lhd/rhd issue cause a lot of used parts on eBay come from Europe?
Not that I have noticed. Seems to be random. Last time I saw this was with a q2, time before was with an A3 where the parts were sourced from a uk breakers yard.

Reactions: AlS3BE
Not that I have noticed. Seems to be random. Last time I saw this was with a q2, time before was with an A3 where the parts were sourced from a uk breakers yard.

Talking about modules I found something in the garage I was meant to send you last year. This whole pandemic year has messed my head up.
Will send you a pm later.

@AlS3BE Yes, your right, for a tenner might be worth taking a risk, if it's all reversed then happy to donate to someone who might need it.

OK bought upgraded module for £8.50 inc delivery, real bargain, exact same HW/SW from an Audi A3 8V - we'll see what happens when installed into the Q2 :)

@DJAlix - if it's all reversed, do you offer a service where I can send you the module by post for it to be parameterized and then returned back to me? is that even possible? might (or not) still come cheaper than trying to source a used module from an actual Q2. Thanks for the help as always!

OK bought upgraded module for £8.50 inc delivery, real bargain, exact same HW/SW from an Audi A3 8V - we'll see what happens when installed into the Q2 :)

@DJAlix - if it's all reversed, do you offer a service where I can send you the module by post for it to be parameterized and then returned back to me? is that even possible? might (or not) still come cheaper than trying to source a used module from an actual Q2. Thanks for the help as always!
Yes, am able to bench most modules.

@DJAlix - So I just finished installing the folding mirrors into the Audi Q2 using a passengers door module from an Audi TT and as you predicted the passenger's side all is reversed, it's actually quite amusing to see one mirror fold and one mirror unfold at the same time. Though at least all the parts/connections seem to "work" but it's a real struggle finding the door module that actually came out of an Q2 (hundreds available from A3's and TT's but none for Q2) - if you offer the service to bench the module and parameterize it for the Q2 could you please send me details including costs and I might just need to do it that way. As always many thanks for all your help, very much appreciate it, have learned immensely by just reading from this forum!

Reactions: AlS3BE
@DJAlix - So I just finished installing the folding mirrors into the Audi Q2 using a passengers door module from an Audi TT and as you predicted the passenger's side all is reversed, it's actually quite amusing to see one mirror fold and one mirror unfold at the same time. Though at least all the parts/connections seem to "work" but it's a real struggle finding the door module that actually came out of an Q2 (hundreds available from A3's and TT's but none for Q2) - if you offer the service to bench the module and parameterize it for the Q2 could you please send me details including costs and I might just need to do it that way. As always many thanks for all your help, very much appreciate it, have learned immensely by just reading from this forum!

You got to post a video of these mirrors dancing :p

Reactions: q2us3r
Give me a call on 07950 737 899 during office hours and we can run through the details