would 17s clear standard S3 brake setup

sheridan94

Reaction score
Hi guys

As above
Would 17" 7.5j et50 fit ?
Also would 17s on a s3 look ridiculous ?

Any guys rolling on 17s ?

Cheers

What size discs are S3 ?

Most 17's can take 345mm , the high 50 offset would bring the spokes closer or foul the caliper , so probably spacers required.

Last edited:
What size discs are S3 ?

Most 17's can take 345mm , the high 50 offset would bring the spokes closer or foul the caliper , so probably spacers required.

I believe i am running 345mm discs.
The thing is they are porsche 5x130 and would require adaptors. But i suppose they are a bit small anyway :/

Why on earth would you want to put 17s on an s3?! Just saying!

I believe i am running 345mm discs.
The thing is they are porsche 5x130 and would require adaptors. But i suppose they are a bit small anyway :/

Regardless you'd need to slam it to the ground to make 17's look decent, even 18's can look too small at times.

Reactions: _Zerocool_
I'm running 17x7.5 Audi A4 B7 multispokes on my S3 for winters with Nokians on. Fit fine over my front brakes! It's close but fits! Doesn't look too bad to be fair as they have a more agressive offset than the standard S3 wheels.

The reason i was curious is ive seen a set of 17s i rather like and not a bad price.

I was thinking could i make it happen and look half good. I thought myself 17s would perhaps look hilarious, and youve cleared that up for me. Like surfworth said id probably need mad lows/air ride to look half good.

Ill stick to a nice set of 18s