Worth the wait...

Get them on sunshine...... agreed looks amazing, Police zero tolerance...... Here's my pressed aluminium plates with surrounds
2b713ac2cd0e22b0801ec449fd2bd980_zps3a7956b3.jpg

I like them, not everyone digs it........ at the end of the the day it's the car that's attached to them that matters....!

Reactions: quattro81
Like 'em kel:o.k: .. Did you get yours from dubmeister? The reason I ask is I did and it looks like my surrounds are slightly different to yours? Mine have a white line around the surround.....

32FDC7CA-7DCC-4683-8B0D-6568703FE996-1208-000001991C0EF5E8.jpg

494E903E-44B4-47CD-B4DE-AD6900DB94AF-1208-000001990E50792C.jpg

I think I've gotta change that surround.. The writing is far too big and the white line all makes it look too busy for me.. New set ordered from creationsMotorsport, so if anyone wants my surrounds, pm me!

Last edited:
Hi mate, clocked you're surrounds...... the main difference is mine are obviously lower case. Last set I ordered had Ingolstadt spelt wrong..... then a friendly ASN member pointed it out! Trial and error, till you get it the way you want it:thumbsup:

Just got my pressed plates and surrounds through from dubmeister.. Following jerseypaul's lead I removed the front plate holder, and now I just don't want to put a plate on the front at all - it just looks so right :o.k: .... Wonder how long I'll get away with having the plate in my footwell!?

5c93440f53735a940e64ba5a6abd71d2.jpg

Leave it off, it looks superb. Kent police aren't that bad, just don't be ***** about it should you get pulled over.

:think: It's against the law not to display a front bumper and predict you would be stopped by the first copper that saw it, traffic cop would probably fine and ask you to produce in addition to pulling you over......... not recommended

:think: It's against the law not to display a front bumper and predict you would be stopped by the first copper that saw it, traffic cop would probably fine and ask you to produce in addition to pulling you over......... not recommended

I know but you can tell a ickle white lie and say its just fallen off.

Ok so I just went out and saw three coppers.. None pulled me over, despite wearing my chavviest hoodie and baseball cap :jester:all stared at the car as usual... I even crawled up the high street behind one in traffic.. It made me nervous though, so I might just put it on lol..
i did seem to get a lot more looks from people seeing the front end, and one particularly funny "brap brap" Ali G style finger snap and the word "sick" mouthed by the local box hat brigade...:laugh:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha................

the law it`s just plain stupid, why on earth do we need to display the reg n. front and rear ? Really don't see the point , motorcycles only have it at the back, why ?

the law it`s just plain stupid, why on earth do we need to display the reg n. front and rear ? Really don't see the point , motorcycles only have it at the back, why ?
I remember it being something to do with too many injuries to pedestrians and riders from front plates... That's why I have now made my rs3 front end "pedestrian friendly":happy:

Reactions: robbiemac
Lovely! you could put it next to mine and the only difference is the wing mirrors as mine are silver! I love my black and red wheels and on that colour it just works! Had some fool call it chavvy! RS3 chavvy? he drives a Alfa Romeo! jealous i think is the word! enjoy it, if you are like me its either in the valet place or im cleaning it on my drive. Dont cry when you curb the alloys as am sure others have the same problem? (and its not because i am a girl before you guys start!!) got to get them refurbed once the winter is over, just hoping they do a good job as it cant be easy with those alloys!!

gorgeous car, watch those heads turn as you drive it! love the reg and i want those mats for mine!!

Lovely! you could put it next to mine and the only difference is the wing mirrors as mine are silver! I love my black and red wheels and on that colour it just works! Had some fool call it chavvy! RS3 chavvy? he drives a Alfa Romeo! jealous i think is the word! enjoy it, if you are like me its either in the valet place or im cleaning it on my drive. Dont cry when you curb the alloys as am sure others have the same problem? (and its not because i am a girl before you guys start!!) got to get them refurbed once the winter is over, just hoping they do a good job as it cant be easy with those alloys!!

gorgeous car, watch those heads turn as you drive it! love the reg and i want those mats for mine!!
i had a scuff on one of my wheels and lepsons did an amazing job.. Literally perfect. ;)

I need 3 doing though! i live in the worst road ever narrow with high curbs. Plus lost it in the snow and it hit a curb so did 2 alloys then (no winter tyres on at the time!) :( its the only part of the car thats not perfect (which i hate!) so i need to get it done as soon as winter is over. Got a company who can either touch up or full refurb. Do you mind me asking how much you paid and was it a full refurb?

Such a shame having to display a front number plate on such a loverly grill , IMO it spoils the look completely ****** gutted screwing it back on,

heres my pressed plates from gr8 plates , had them on a few months now no problems, but I didn't refit any holders

7596CD35-5054-413E-950A-D61F79ED79AD-2787-000002165792074A.jpg

I remember it being something to do with too many injuries to pedestrians and riders from front plates... That's why I have now made my rs3 front end "pedestrian friendly":happy:

Errrm, NO! The typical 60's (I was there quattro81, and Vito) motorcycle registration plate was metal and in-line with and over the top of the front wheel, so if it hit a pedestrian it would and did act like a blade. A hit from a motorcar registration plate by comparison would be more like a bl##dy BIG slap that you may not get up from, so the result was/is very much the same!

But please don't rely on a so-called servant of authority to know that anyway; just treat ALL of 'em with serious caution; caution being different from respect, of course!

I need 3 doing though! i live in the worst road ever narrow with high curbs. Plus lost it in the snow and it hit a curb so did 2 alloys then (no winter tyres on at the time!) :( its the only part of the car thats not perfect (which i hate!) so i need to get it done as soon as winter is over. Got a company who can either touch up or full refurb. Do you mind me asking how much you paid and was it a full refurb?
from lepsons it was around the £120 mark per wheel, fully refurbished.. They need the paint codes too apparently ax1 for the black and z3m(misano red) for the rim... You definitely get more than a top job from them though..

Wheels off, prepped and ready for dodo juice supernatural ceramic...... And polished the brake disc carrier thingy....;)

EE15D894-35E4-44C5-A15F-B9AC76EEAAF9-1613-000001C0CBB79620.jpg

74DA3D7A-A71A-45C2-9191-FDD2ED96D5D5-1613-000001C0C46CA3F4.jpg

Good job quattro ,think i need to polish my carriers :)

Good to see the finer details being taken care of! Looks alot better than when it came into Audi! Lol
By the way thanks for posting the car cover link, just ordered an outdoor one for mine! ;p

Good to see the finer details being taken care of! Looks alot better than when it came into Audi! Lol
By the way thanks for posting the car cover link, just ordered an outdoor one for mine! ;p
i take it you mean it looks a lot better than when I picked it up and it was minging inside and out despite being concours clean when it got there:sadlike:....?! To be fair I asked them not to sand the paint with gravel (sorry I mean "valet" as they call it) so it needed cleaning thoroughly.. It's funny, it got dirtier from being in the workshop and on a 17mile joyride (test drive?) than it does when I cover hundreds of miles in it!:keule:

I had some carbon bits ordered from osir USA, but they're having problems at their Chinese factory at the minute and have received any new items for over four months! So custom bits that aren't in stock? Forget it.....
So I cancelled my order and managed to get hold of some genuine Audi bits from the TTRS plus. I felt this one in the pocket, but I've bought a fair bit of carbon in my time of varying degrees of quality, and this is really pretty good -very glossy proper pre-preg stuff.
Apologies for the usual poor quality iPhone snaps.

1c197eaf9fe3d18ac64e2be669a31a21.jpg

423aac6773ca7a5be2ba2a11a1765564.jpg

096a7f302f9092162d86c0f0b0d810f9.jpg

I now need the coil cover, and it doesn't look like osir will be getting them anytime soon, so I spoke to Chris at streamline carbon and he's gonna make some.. I'm going to do it anyway, but if anyone's interested in a group buy, he mentioned that he would do each unit cheaper if a few of us wanted them..?
Opinions on how it looks good or bad always welcome:laugh:

Now that looks the dogs!!! Id just open the bonnet constantly to show it off.
i would say leave the red coil plug part though keeps it fresh

Now that looks the dogs!!! Id just open the bonnet constantly to show it off.
i would say leave the red coil plug part though keeps it fresh
the red bit would be the same.. It would be the coil cover part (black plastic bit on top of the coils) that would be carbon as in this rather cr@p resolution picture from osir

337f6479f06ea1c169689610624cd0d1.jpg

After a tortuous crawl down one of the bumpiest tracks I've ever taken a road car on, amidst many amused comments about the fact that rs3 is probably the first "supercar" to have been down there, we arrived at a spot right on the beach and snapped a few twilight pics.. More to follow at decent res once they've been downloaded from the camera.

B521D92B-BB54-47EE-9D15-D937AAB4035F-10064-00000E6C785261AA.jpg

566B56EA-5C0B-4901-BF39-AA13F5B65E43-10064-00000E6C89471E76.jpg

Reactions: L1ARR
Wow ,great photos ,looking good :)

Been using various swissvax products and blackfire etc, but I've been quite liking some of the dodo juice stuff recently, so I got a few sample jars of their various colour charged waxes to see how they came out..

e3952b5c2c9d55f81a89e237195ec21f.jpg

after the usual snow foam..
eaf42141b99d8e380c25948f2c88ca0e.jpg

I use dodo "Tarmalade" for the bug splats etc, she was clay barred and then treated with dodo juice lime prime lite.. This time I used the "banana armour" wax (which smells awesome :wub:)and the results were as follows

2f4bdea5eb99c5c462c5895874de2860.jpg

6b60924d4ff4ee2c65f3379c9f2804f7.jpg

When it's next sunny I'll take some more pics for a better idea of what the gold flake comes out like..

I then treated the wheels whilst off the car with some dodo nano-ceramic wheel sealant (which smells seriously strong!)
BEFORE (while product was wet)

7928a6dec4113cdccc9bb972b1a57880.jpg

AFTER (product was invisible once buffed off!)

b4214eca746747cdcf7afa99fb63ac18.jpg

Reactions: T-800, Kelza and 45bvtc