Worth putting my car back to standard if selling?

Darren1983

Reaction score
Hi all

So I'm more and more leaning towards getting rid of the car wether it be selling or part exchanging.

Do you guys think it would be better returning it to standard? Looks wise it' standard it' just got a few mods like: silicone intake, s2000 air filter, boost gauge, gfb dv+.

Hi all

So I'm more and more leaning towards getting rid of the car wether it be selling or part exchanging.

Do you guys think it would be better returning it to standard? Looks wise it' standard it' just got a few mods like: silicone intake, s2000 air filter, boost gauge, gfb dv+.
Depends on where your trying to sell it and if your trying to get back your outlay on the mods

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I take it the continual probs are a major reason for the possible change Darren, I can fully understand your thinking to be honest, I did go through a period when I wanted to sell up due to continual problems but kept the faith , it has paid off as I now have a very good car.

If you do decide to sell up given the mods done i'd be inclined to just remove the intake pipe and filter and put that back to standard, a straight and standard looking engine will alllways be a better selling point as more buyers want a mod free engined car to start with.

Anway , which ever route to decide I wish you the best of luck and hope you have better luck with a replacement should you go that way.
rob

Thanks Rob to be honest I think in my ownership I've irradiated all the issues I have had. It' just got this random blip sometimes which I'm starting to think it could be a random misfire. I dropped a coilpacks the other week which may of brake it. I'e been in touch wth the guy who as scanned it in the past so il go see him.

worth a final go Darren given what you have already fixed, sometimes it can be just a small problem that makes such a big impact ....

True Rob.

I don' think I could even list all the things I have done with it there's been that many. Whoever gets it will get a good car with 99% of the major jobs already done

If it was an estate mate I would be seriously tempted.

Reactions: Dani_B19
If mine was an estate I wouldn't want to swap it haha.

still looking for an avant then Dani, there were some nice ones in auto trader last week.....

Yup. Just can't be bothered with trying to sell mine Ron, lazy I know but just fancy a straightish swap.

Not really sure you'll find many wanting to do a swap that way round dani , but good luck with it anyway.

rob

No point lieing Carloss.

Reactions: tony mc
put some ads up somewhere Dan, some one out there must be up for a switcheroo

Reactions: Dani_B19