Worth getting my injectors cleaned

dre_S3

Reaction score
As I have my intake manifold and injectors out to fit my oil catch can and sort out boost leaks is it worth me sending my injectors to get cleaned and serviced my car has done 49 thousand miles so I may do it or is there a way to do it myself ?

Do it yourself, buy a cleaner from amazin or maplins, loads of us have done, for £20 or so its a great investment and comes in handy.

Hi

I've been looking to get my injectors cleaned too. Has anyone changed the filter baskets etc. when DIY?

Liam

Ultrasonic cleaner;JPL 7000 Ultrasonic Cleaner with accessories: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

That's the one that me, Dani and well... Most of us have. Get some SeaClean solution too from Maplins

Sea Clean;
Seaclean 2 - Double Strength Concentrate : Ultrasonic Cleaners : Maplin Electronics

Fill the bath with almost boiling water (boil a kettle, let the bubbles stop then pour it in) and mix a good amount of sea clean in there too, drop your injectors and FPR in there and do it for a cycle of the longest setting (480 seconds ish I think) then empty it, put fresh solution and water in, and repeat. Then leave the injectors in a warm place, (I used a hot air gun at about 100 Celsius from about 2 feet away) propped up so the water drains out, keep rotating them to get all the water out, and leave them to dry for ages, the longer you leave them to dry, the less problems you're likely to have afterwards.

Hope this helps :)

can you not clean in petrol in the ultra sonic cleaner to stop any problems with the water?

can you not clean in petrol in the ultra sonic cleaner to stop any problems with the water?

If you do use petrol, could you please film it and upload to youtube. The coroners might find it useful :p

Errrr no... Ultrasonic cleaning uses sound waves to vibrate the molecules in water to lift dirt.

Vibrating water molecules generates heat... Like how a microwave uses radiation to vibrate the water molecules in food to create heat.

Petrol and heat in an open container aren't very clever things to put together ;)

Also, if by some miracle the ultrasonic cleaner DOESN'T ignite the fuel inside, would you really want 750ml of petrol in an open container?.. Bearing in mind the poor chap that was in the papers last year for pouring a rattle-can cap full (Probably 250ml) of petrol on to a BBQ to get it going... Put it this way... He was the only BBQ'd thing at THAT party.

Bottom line, don't do it... Unless you're being framed... lol