Worn buttons!

danzman2002

Reaction score
(Plus, Minus & Econ buttons)

RXK7H.jpg

Are these buttons available to buy from Audi separately or not?

Oops, sorry! Thanks for the link.

Seems strange that Audi would produce such poor lasting buttons!

check the link above!

I have just ordered a set of stickers to go over the buttons so once I receive them and get them fitted I will post a pic and see what they like

Have to say I'm onto my 4th A4 in 15 years and I have never had buttons go like this. It's fingernails I'm sure !

This happens to skoda's and VWs as well.
Over the last 10 year's VAG started using a cheap rubber coating on their surfaces and they wear away.
Really bad show on their part, looks awfull.

Got a link to the stickers you bought?

I'm pretty sure its not fingernails!

My 2003 A4 has the same problem on some of the aircon buttons and being a typical bloke, I chew my fingernails until there's little left lol!

It seems they just rub off with use, which is a shame given that the rest of the interior wears so well!

Would be keen to learn of a possible fix for this.

J:)

Also I don't use any chemicals or cleaner on my interior switches just warm water on a lightly damp cloth.

It's strange, was this sorted on later cars as none of my cars buttons have any ware on them attal, there not even worn shiny attal, they all look new still and mines on 145k

It's strange, was this sorted on later cars as none of my cars buttons have any ware on them attal, there not even worn shiny attal, they all look new still and mines on 145k

Not sure.
I've seen it on 07 skoda with less than 80k.

It's really bad design on their part.
I think it's more your own natural chemicals on your fingers that does if.
Others might make it worse.
And once its started I don't think there is any going back apart stickers if they work.

The same thing has happened to most of buttons and dash sections on my dad's touareg. We are slowly replacing the effected bits and going to plasti dip his dash.
It's a shame I can't plasti dip the buttons.

Received them today

They look pretty good not sure when I will get them fitted yet though

You will notice the auto looks like its missing the u but its there just needs removing

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357384550759.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357384550759.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 7,573
Stu_m - they look good so far! Link is in the 'tidying up radio/aircon' thread started by me a week or so ago but still running. The seller is on eBay.

They do look really good not sure what they will be like on the car though

apart from them not covering the full buttons yeah they are pretty good they look miles better now

ask me again in a year to see if they have peeled off!!

Depending on how bad the buttons are and how good you are with a very fine modelling paint brush they can be touched up with very acceptable results, we had the same problem with our B6 when we got it last year, i went to my local model shop and bought several small tins of Humbrol paint and a very very fine brush, tried a little of each on a test card and then held it up to the climate controls and picked the best match. To date none of it has come off, result

I will try and dig the tin out tomorrow and post the paint code.

Ian

Depending on how bad the buttons are and how good you are with a very fine modelling paint brush they can be touched up with very acceptable results, we had the same problem with our B6 when we got it last year, i went to my local model shop and bought several small tins of Humbrol paint and a very very fine brush, tried a little of each on a test card and then held it up to the climate controls and picked the best match. To date none of it has come off, result

I will try and dig the tin out tomorrow and post the paint code.

Ian

hi mate, did you manage to dig out the paint tin / paint code for the buttons?