World Cup!

Louay

Reaction score
Finally it has arrived!

Who's looking forward to a month of football and how do you feel about England's chances of progressing?

Lou

Reactions: Artimus
i'd like to think we will get to the Quarter Finals at least! got hope in the boys that Woy has picked

Cant wait for it to start. Just not sure what coverage we will have over here on England. Least I will see the Socceroos but doubt they will last long!

Reactions: lewi89
surely it will be on Foxtel?

then again, it will most likely be on SBS One, being free to air. iirc Australia has a policy where international sporting events have to be available for everyone to view rather than just the people who pay for foxtel.

if that is the case, it would have been nice for it to be on Foxtel as the Premier League is and you get to watch any match you want.

could be wrong though!

we gave up on foxtel. We didn't find it that good tbh. Yeah im sure there will be coverage but it will be the home team that will dominate. Just cant wait to see some decent football. Got the cold beers so roll on the start....

Reactions: voorhees
Its finally here and looking forward to some good footie also some crap :)
England will probably fail to shine but at least they are there hey Sandra :undwech: St Georges will be on display as of Saturday,hope Socceroos do well Sarah :beerchug: a lot of my rellys are Aussies/citzens

Reactions: Sandra, Nilz and Sarah's A3
Its finally here and looking forward to some good footie also some crap :)
England will probably fail to shine but at least they are there hey Sandra :undwech: St Georges will be on display as of Saturday,hope Socceroos do well Sarah :beerchug: a lot of my rellys are Aussies/citzens

I'll be wearing my england shirt walking through aberdeen haha. Ready to get knocked out!

Reactions: Sandra, Louay, jojo and 2 others
Poor Sandra, sure you will still enjoy though

Socceroos have Cahill and a few youngsters that have had good form lately but seeing the tea time news tonight the squad are a bit shocked of the city they are staying in for the first game lol

As each World Cup we hope England will do well and go far, but this time im not getting our hopes up. Will enjoy seeing Brazil and Germany play amongst others and I always love watching the Cameroon games

Looking forward to this, should be good, hoping England will go far and spirits are high when they do :)

Reactions: voorhees and Louay
I'll be wearing my england shirt walking through aberdeen haha. Ready to get knocked out!

I'm biologically half Welsh half Iraqi, nationalised English growing up in England for 21 years, now living in Wales. Both me and my fiancee wore our England tops today and had a few disgruntled looks, but hey anyone in the UK should be getting behind England regardless of the fact that their respective team arent in Brazil. The xenophobic approach is SO dated now.

Reactions: CHEZ

I'm biologically half Welsh half Iraqi, nationalised English growing up in England for 21 years, now living in Wales. Both me and my fiancee wore our England tops today and had a few disgruntled looks, but hey anyone in the UK should be getting behind England regardless of the fact that their respective team arent in Brazil. The xenophobic approach is SO dated now.

it's ridiculous init. I'm half welsh and half english. in england it doesn't matter if you wear a scotland shirt, but in scotland you wear an england shirt and all hell breaks loose! out with my mates and they support anyone that is playing england. i just don't understand it all anymore

Reactions: Louay, CHEZ and Sandra
Poor Sandra, sure you will still enjoy though
I'm still waiting for Sandra's score predictions. If they're anything like her rugby predictions, she'll have Croatia taking the lead against Brazil.

(Erm......hang on....)

Reactions: Nilz, Ghost, Sandra and 1 other person
lmao, you guys are so funny today. I will need to start getting my predictions together Jeff. Personally i dont really mind who wins.i wont be watching as i dont like football, but i hope you all enjoy it. I have plenty of music and movies to keep me amused. :) x

Its been nice knowing you, lol. Brave guy to wear an england top in Scotland, lol. :) x

Reactions: lewi89

go you!
big respect for doing what you feel is correct!
without being racist or un PC, were all united kingdom!

(british )

:drag:

Reactions: lewi89 and Sandra
Hands up who here is old enough to remember the Brazil team that won the 1970 World Cup in Mexico.

I certainly am, and I've got to tell you, this current Brazil team is painfully average by comparison. That 1970 team were the nearest thing to mortal Gods.

What an opening match.

Really looking forward to tomorrows match, i may have to get some kip in the afternoon to keep me going in the evening for drinks and footy :) - Old age is catching up!!!

I just hope the standard of "fair play" is better than last nights, I ******* hate all the play acting, rolling around on the floor and clutching various body parts.

if I was able to make a new rule, the next player that did that should be sent off for a compulsory 15 minutes medical break.

and all the players crowding the ref when he makes a decision he doesn't like.

should be like rugby, only the captain can talk to the reff, any dissent, 16 minutes sin bin

maybe I should chill out, but its ruining the game for me

Reactions: Essflee
Jo, in that case you will have to be awake!!

Newbster, totally agree with the amateur dramatics, even the missus commented on it and said they are worse than women with their drama!!! LOL

I will probably watch the same amount as last time, about 20 minutes in total for the duration of the tournament. Really don't see the fascination with football but each to their own.

Not long now

Reactions: jojo, jdp1962 and Sandra
***. For the first time ever the wife has taken an interest in the world cup. For some unknown reason, has never been into football let alone watch it (being a cov city fan says it all).So. Just watched the uruguay game with interuptions such as
1. I like his hair
2. Why is he wearing long shorts when its so hot
3. Who does he play for
4. Does he play in england
5. Who does he play for
6. Where is costa rica
7. Are scotland playing
8. Why not
9. Who won last year
10. Back to quote 1

I give up and Im off round a mates

Reactions: gogz s3, jojo, Artimus and 2 others
Based on the first games Holland are looking very very good. England...well we looked strong but if suarez starts on Thursday he's gonna open our defence up! We could of done without the added pressure of having to win both our remaining group games to progress. Boys done well though. I also thought balottelli's end of game v sign indicating two goals and his hushing was a bit immature and childish. Not needed after a good game of football.

Rooney failed to take his chances again! He needs dropping for someone with more passion for tackling back! And their keeper wasn't really tested from distance either - top corner please.

Rooney failed to take his chances again! He needs dropping for someone with more passion for tackling back! And their keeper wasn't really tested from distance either - top corner please.
I'd still stick with the team that started against Italy and introduce lambert at some point and of course chamberlain?

Reactions: Artimus
The England I saw yesterday was a much better effort than the England I saw in 2 friendlies prior, the Italian team are just good at defence and holding the ball!

The England I saw yesterday was a much better effort than the England I saw in 2 friendlies prior, the Italian team are just good at defence and holding the ball!
so true. typically 8-10 defenders. hope physio daves alright too