World champion c0ck up!!

thats pretty lucky tbh, could have seriously hurt the other guy... my best pal used to kart professionally and once flipped his kart.. the stewards dragged the kart not realising his leg was caught and snapped it in two places!!

They showed the whole event on Sky a month or 2 ago. Laughed my *** off! lol

thats pretty lucky tbh, could have seriously hurt the other guy... my best pal used to kart professionally and once flipped his kart.. the stewards dragged the kart not realising his leg was caught and snapped it in two places!!

I used to race too. Had a few biggies! One accident I went to overtake someone and they cut me up, my front wheel touched his back wheel and it launched me in the air. I hit the barriers before I hit the ground. Completely wrote off the kart, and my leg lol. Tib and fib went snap.

In another I remember being tapped on the back at the end of a straight before the braking point, I lost control, then I remember staggering up in the middle of the track and running to one side. Dad had to fill in the rest. Once I lost it, I went backwards into the barriers and it launched me out of the kart and in the air. I then bounced off a lamp post with my head into the middle of the track.

Crashing always happens in slow motion when you're in it lol

I used to race, still do tbf but only a little now the money pit has come along, i got 5th in the british championship and have been abroard a few times... i never had a massive one but have had a few large ones but its all good in a kart, kinda bounce off really but in a car that sound of bending metal and the money disapearing out of your wallet is horrendous....

you may know my friend then Jordan Wise? i love go karting so much... am pretty good too! seem to always win.. wouldnt mind knowing where i stand against some pros..

I used to race, still do tbf but only a little now the money pit has come along, i got 5th in the british championship and have been abroard a few times... i never had a massive one but have had a few large ones but its all good in a kart, kinda bounce off really but in a car that sound of bending metal and the money disapearing out of your wallet is horrendous....

Fair play dude. What did you race. I was in the Max. I don't know how long you've been racing but I broke my leg at Whilton Mill in 02. It's because of me they moved the pits and gave a bit of run off after the last corner. The barriers used to be right on the curb!

The other big one was at the end of the straight after the 2nd hairpin at PF. I stopped after uni started. Not re-newed my licence or anything so cant race properly but I go every now and then on test days.

you may know my friend then Jordan Wise? i love go karting so much... am pretty good too! seem to always win.. wouldnt mind knowing where i stand against some pros..

Do you drive the arrive and drive type events or you have a go in 2 stroke karts? Because they are completely different animals!

i remember jordan wise!!! he was JICA times... ahhh old school karting, he was slightly before my time but yeah i remember him, i got a tape of kartmasters 2001/2 (i think) and he got run over by his team mate! lol where abouts u live anyways?

Fair play dude. What did you race. I was in the Max. I don't know how long you've been racing but I broke my leg at Whilton Mill in 02. It's because of me they moved the pits and gave a bit of run off after the last corner. The barriers used to be right on the curb!

The other big one was at the end of the straight after the 2nd hairpin at PF. I stopped after uni started. Not re-newed my licence or anything so cant race properly but I go every now and then on test days.

Do you drive the arrive and drive type events or you have a go in 2 stroke karts? Because they are completely different animals!

yeah was 177 rotax!! fat boys here we come and i used to love whilton, its still hardly good, but i mean u need to go abroard, braga is my favorite track, that and la conca. ahh i remember when i used to be able to disapear from school and go karting :)

Haven't tried any tracks abroad. They look awesome though on tv so wouldn't mind at some point! I remember taking Friday's off for Supers. Sometimes Thursdays too depending on how much travelling had to be done! My mates hated me for it! lol

favorite british track, come on its the first question!! what did you end up doing in supers? finish anywhere? what year?

i remember jordan wise!!! he was JICA times... ahhh old school karting, he was slightly before my time but yeah i remember him, i got a tape of kartmasters 2001/2 (i think) and he got run over by his team mate! lol where abouts u live anyways?

yeh he was pretty successful at one point.. he went through formula ford, formula bmw & formula renault... i think funds prevented him to progress further iirc his dad was payin out couple hundred k

and ii used to hate him for leaving on fridays! not bad going with him though was good fun!!

the couple of hundred grand aint so unrealistic.... for a season of renault now is about £250,000 -£300,000 without damages now, so if you blow up and engine from over reving the engine thats ontop.... £25,000 i think that is... yeah he werent bad he used to race for mick barrett in JICA, leaving fridays was great but the teachers hated you for it all the time cus you never got the work done, ho well its a small price for going karting, i can live with that one LOL!!

favorite british track, come on its the first question!! what did you end up doing in supers? finish anywhere? what year?

Buckmore used to be my favourite, then they went and raised the curbs and ruined it IMO. I like Whilton. I remember liking Rowrah too. I done Supers in 03 I think. Finished 50th or something. Every other heat I got taken out... which is a suprise in Supers! lol This was back when there were easily 100+ seniors alone! It was just carnage!

the couple of hundred grand aint so unrealistic.... for a season of renault now is about £250,000 -£300,000 without damages now, so if you blow up and engine from over reving the engine thats ontop.... £25,000 i think that is

A guy I know went into Formula BMW (Matt Hamilton) and that was best part of £250,000 just to race. This was back in 04/05 time, so I can only imagine it's gone up now!

leaving fridays was great but the teachers hated you for it all the time cus you never got the work done, ho well its a small price for going karting, i can live with that one LOL!!

lol I didn't lose any sleep over it either!

go on the blast from the past, matt halilton, little blonde kid really quiet, i raced agaist him in juniors, he always used to drive the tony kart mitox, he wouldnt update it, come to that i think he bought my old one cus it hadnt done that much work, you might remember a few other names, like tom arme, tom armor, adam and riki christodolu and jason parrott??

Yup, thats him! I was under the same awning with him when I was with Speedforce with Dan Hazelwood, Bellchambers, Dean Smith and Oliver Rowland. I remember Arme, the Christodoulous and Parrott. When I was at Supers, it was Daniel Faulkner, Oman and Michael Simpson up top. I remember once taking a peek at Simpson's readout and it had 15k rpm on it :think:

yeah dan faulkner... that was ages ago and oman! simpsons still doing it and up there, yeah 15k was when they had the crank pins modified to allow higher revs, not by much but the ignition was slightly advanced and loads loads more power, like 4-5 tenths faster per lap, christo got caught doing it and got a years ban in this country... ABROAD!!

That's what it was then? I didn't know. Obviously knew something dodgy was going on lol. I read about Christo. They made quite a big thing about it all didn't they?! Ah well. I just do it for a bit of fun now. Not as stressful lol