work out your bhp from maf reading.

jimmer 22

Reaction score
I read on here back along that you can work out your bhp from your maf reading can any of you let me know how this is done, or of any other way of accurately doin this, without a rr. cheers

iv just plugged it in to vag com, and maf is fluttering between 20 and 50 right up through the rev range. and thats a long way off where it should be. only got vag com today and i havent registered it so i cant check actual vs requested boost which is gay but cant afford the 100 quid to register at the mo. any way the maf is new about a month ago, which rules out a knackerd maf, so mabye boost leak, knackerd dv, n75,etc etc, any help from u tech guys much appreciated as im not the most clued up person on this. thanks

you sure you have entered the correct block, 20 - 50 does the car even move lol

thats the thing the car drives ok as far as i know,never been in another s3 tho. pretty sure its the rite blocks, followed your guide. lol.

Well aslong as your getting the readings from measuring block 002 then it sounds like your MAF has had it and you have a whole lot more power to unleash from fitting q new one, try unplugging it and see if it feels any better before you go buying a new one have a garage check first as I'm no mechanic.

i was at a stand still. i did wonder about this, im ment to be driving i take it?

yes find a quite road and log it in 3rd gear from 2000rpm to the redline

I have a pre-facelift (late 98 or early 99 -cant remember :/) A3, and the free version of VAG-COM.
Is it still possible to run these logs? Or am I sod out of luck?

Yea you can still do it with the free version, you can log an blocks up 025 but after that you need the full version