Words Cannot Describe...

cuke2u

Reaction score
I have a three and a half year old car in pristine condition, not a scratch anywhere. Driving home last night in severe rain, road flooded but drivable. Lorry comes towards me across the road, huge water spray so I ducked the car to the left and mildly scraped the passenger front wheel on the kerb. I feel sick to the core now and looking to refurbish if they can match the other wheels.

Wheel

I remember the first time scuffing my wheel and the feeling! At least yours are a single colour and not the two tone!

Hopefully not to expensive to repair...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a three and a half year old car in pristine condition, not a scratch anywhere. Driving home last night in severe rain, road flooded but drivable. Lorry comes towards me across the road, huge water spray so I ducked the car to the left and mildly scraped the passenger front wheel on the kerb. I feel sick to the core now and looking to refurbish if they can match the other wheels.

View attachment 198709

Ouch! That is so annoying and frustrating. A few months ago in my S3 I was parked up, and when I got back to my car some numpty had parked an inch off by bumper, and in trying to get out, scraped my DC alloy on the huge kerb. I was beside myself with frustration!! Looks like your wheel is not DC so it should be easier/cheaper to repair?

I was also confronted by idiot car and van drivers on my way home yesterday driving straight through huge floods and covering me in spray :sadlike:

Anyone recommend alloy wheel, non laser cut, refurbisher in East Sussex?

Thanks, looks like an excellent company they're too far away really. I have searched in the local area and there are one or two but I don't know what they're like...

Reactions: NevMan
Nightmare @cuke2u . I do know the feeling, and it isn't good, but quite rightly you are looking to use a decent company.
I have used these guys before when i had my A6, top top quality, but not too local for you:

https://platinumalloys.com/

Reactions: cuke2u
Thanks, looks like an excellent company they're too far away really. I have searched in the local area and there are one or two but I don't know what they're like...

Ah! I was hoping you'd be in the East of East Sussex! Good luck with the search. I must say the prices at @X3man suggestion look very competitive. I think in both cases you can leave your car with them, if you can blag a borrowed car off a mate !

View attachment 198709

I remember the feeling well - happened when my car was barely 2 months old..... I did have the wheel refurbished by a mobile repairer - it looked perfect at the time but now (and almost 40,000 miles later I can see a couple of areas where the paint has come off. I have heard good things about Lepsons...

Reactions: NevMan and cuke2u
Feel your pain Bud, I did my front N/S 19" V-Spokes the other week - I was inconsolable the entire evening :D

Nightmare @cuke2u . I do know the feeling, and it isn't good, but quite rightly you are looking to use a decent company.
I have used these guys before when i had my A6, top top quality, but not too local for you:

https://platinumalloys.com/
Even though they are far to far away they seem very competitive prices, I would be happy to purchase another wheel to use, even though I have spare, and send my wheel by courier. I have this thing about using the spare and not putting any life on it :)

Ah! I was hoping you'd be in the East of East Sussex! Good luck with the search. I must say the prices at @X3man suggestion look very competitive. I think in both cases you can leave your car with them, if you can blag a borrowed car off a mate !
I am but Gillingham is north kent and the roads around here are congested. Google gives my travelling time as 1hr 44min one way. However I might contact Lepsons and see if they provide a courier service...

You could try your Audi dealer- mine recommended a local mobile service who were excellent. Hopefully once repaired all forgotten.

View attachment 198709
I know from experience that you will likely get a 99% match if they're non OEM. Best bet is getting both wheels on the offending side done . Less likely to see a difference .

OEM wheels should be able to match perfectly . Good luck ......... So annoying when this happens

Reactions: NevMan and cuke2u

Know exactly how you feel, properly gutting. Managed to do something similar twice last year in 2 different multi-storey car parks. They're the bane of my life, I always navigate them with extreme caution now!

I feel your pain! It's only metal but it's nice metal and that first scratch is the worst. I did mine last May at 21 months old while driving into the short stay at Heathrow. I took my eye off the road because I thought I saw my bro, who I was collecting. All my fault and I cursed myself (actually I cursed my bro as he was too tight to hire a car:rage:) for weeks afterwards. I haven't had it repaired as it's only about 3" long and in my experience Audi Finance charge less than I'd pay at a refurbisher.

As for using an Audi dealer, I'd be wary. Check reviews or feedback first. My local, Five Oaks Audi, painted two of my wheels on my A5 after an accident and they were silver, the other two originals were grey!

I have had experience of poorly refurbished wheels when a insurance repairer took it upon themselves to do one wheel, then looked at the other and decided to match the two but not with the rears.

Audi dealership would be fine if they recommend someone, however, like anything I'd thoroughly research them first as they tend not to do the wheels themselves...

Even though they are far to far away they seem very competitive prices, I would be happy to purchase another wheel to use, even though I have spare, and send my wheel by courier. I have this thing about using the spare and not putting any life on it :)

They are very very good, i have seen a fair amount of their work, not least what they did for me

I remember the feeling well - happened when my car was barely 2 months old..... I did have the wheel refurbished by a mobile repairer - it looked perfect at the time but now (and almost 40,000 miles later I can see a couple of areas where the paint has come off. I have heard good things about Lepsons...

Yep, smart repairs are short term as opposed a proper full refurb

Yeah no mobile for me, thanks X3man I'll look into your recommendation...

Ouch it’s really annoying but if you refurb with a place that can get the colour almost perfect I’m sure it won’t be noticeable.

To Make you feel better I had a similar thing happen but mine was with a white van driver who didn’t understand the merge in turn sign and cut me off and I hit the kerb on my side going around 20mph. Both passenger side wheels scruffed very badly and the front wheel bent in!

Attachments

• BBF032C3-2983-4489-804D-FAF7C7D56E66.jpeg
    BBF032C3-2983-4489-804D-FAF7C7D56E66.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 280
Thanks, obviously this isn't the first time I have kerbed an alloy in the 47 years I have driving, many, vehicles however I am sure I will get this occurance fixed sooner than later.

My car never been the same since, it vibrates a little around 70mph, and the steering isn’t perfectly straight. It doesn’t pull to a side though. It’s not bad at all, if someone was to drive my car they wouldn’t notice these issues but I pay peculiar attention to my cars and it does bug me.

I would have that looked, if the wack was hard enough to put the steering wheel out of alignment something is bent or damaged and could be unsafe.
Mine after a good clean:
20200307 113035

Ouch could have been a lot worse, hope your ok

I am ok thanks, just angry at myself really..

Reactions: NevMan and rasA4
20200304 170754

OCD wins. I had to buy and fit a new wheel lol.

I too had a similar incident where i had to mount part of a grass verge to let an Ambulance through and you know when hear that noise and you get that felling of OH ST, i have done it now!!! LOL

Maybe it is fate Cuke? Time to give your beast a new look???

I too had a similar incident where i had to mount part of a grass verge to let an Ambulance through and you know when hear that noise and you get that felling of OH ST, i have done it now!!! LOL

Maybe it is fate Cuke? Time to give your beast a new look???
You know what I am amost thinking along the same lines. I think some of the black line edition wheels would look neat. However new ones would be very pricey.

View attachment 198709
I'd go buy a brand new wheel from Audi. Easier and it'll match the other three

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What's a proper wheel refurb cost?
Plus, you could claim from your insurance for the £500

What's a proper wheel refurb cost?
Plus, you could claim from your insurance for the £500

Proper refurb about £120-£150 depending on whether diamond cut or not

Change ‘em - you know you want to !! :whistle2: You’ve got a 3 year old immaculate motor and need the wheels to match !! I reckon rotors would look fab!

I used the guys below to do all 4 wheels on a Merc GLA in the original two tone look. I don’t know how well they will match your other 3 wheels, but their service was very professional and price was competitive.

I live in East London and it was a trek to get to these guys, but the results were worth it. I’m not affiliated with them in any way, just a satisfied customer. Their Instagram has some nice examples.

https://spitandpolish.co.uk/

https://instagram.com/spitandpolish1984

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You know what I am amost thinking along the same lines. I think some of the black line edition wheels would look neat. However new ones would be very pricey.

I have Black & Polish RS4 alloys on mine and it's completely transformed the look of my S4 Black Edition, with regards to the price it depends on whether you want Reps or OEM. You will find plenty of reps on eBay, I have always used reps and let be honest, if the OEM didn't price their wheels so much, we wouldn't be buying reps. I also checked with regards to my warranty and insurance and it was confirmed that as long as you use AO tyres, there is no issue.

Change them! Change them!! Go, go go Cuke! LOL

Lol, we'll see, needs more research, the other thing being is that all the other three wheels are completely unmarked..