Words can’t ...

KitMan

Reaction score
So I’ve just come out of the cinema after enjoying Endgame and come to this...

B14B60A2 1CFA 4866 AFCB 1BC15091599A

1349581F CAE0 4900 B0FE 370B91620E0E

C18BD3E8 5950 4A1E B8C8 AF025B8A162C

1BF80014 8418 4F0D B82F F88AAB368161

This is where they started recovering the Astra and we can see the damage on the other side
C11C92A2 B3AB 401C B806 D85B0CEA237D

F7E4B1D9 3E16 4ADB A24D D6601F911E51

The diver side wheel was turning inwards while the other was straight
And here’s the full picture.
D124E5A7 1CC3 4990 B7BC 3239ED9CF778

As you can see, my car was parked in the space and the amount it’s moved is crazy from the hit!
Thankfully the guy that created this waited for both of us for 2hrs (almost the full film) to swap info. As for how he did this, he was telling people different events on what happened so who knows!
At the moment my car is on its way to a Audi repair shop to get an estimate on costs.
Do you think it’s a write off? Or will they repair it? I do really love this car but knowing it’s been damaged this badly I would rather it be written off.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
OMFG how the hell did this happen, especially whilst parked?
Completely gutted for you.

Depends on the age and value of your car unless the chassis underneath is severely damaged I wouldn’t have thought that was a write-off.

I had a Scirocco about ten years ago and a lorry crashed into me. All side panels torn up. Two wheels shattered and one of them was going in a different direction from the other and it was repaired. Car was perfect afterwards as well.

It really depends on what’s happened behind the grill and headlights.

Have you used Audi Esure free service and they sort all the insurance for you? Make Audi genuine parts are used?

You poor ******; here's hoping you do not end up out of pocket.
Fortunately there appears to be no personal injuries - hopefully the police were in attendance to 'test' and interview the culprit.
The write off equation normally is based upon the cost of repairs vs assessed value of the car.
The damage although looking terrible appears panel based and you could find it will be returned to you looking like a new car.
Quite how other driver caused the accident would make for an interesting tale, assuming you can ever get the real story.
Best wishes and a bucket of patience pills!

Reactions: blackb9er
Hopefully the cinema will have had a CCTV covering the car park. Maybe worth asking to take a look?

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
WTF was the other person doing?

I doubt that’s a write off depending on age of the car, saying that it looks like you have Matrix headlights which are stupid expensive if they need to be replaced.

On the bright side the other party was decent enough to stick around, and no one was hurt, their insurance should take care of everything, pretty open and shut case.

If it does get repaired, inspect it like an eagle and complain if anything is not right, recently used a BMW approved repairer and had to go back 3 times, but they did eventually get it right (mostly alignment of panels was out), also don’t be scared to complain to the insurance company, this often gets the repairer going faster.

Reactions: blackb9er
I would wager the third party has been maneuvering and hit the accerator instead of the brake...

Nightmare, but it happens unfortunately and this is why we have insurance. Hopefully not a write off, but I might feel, having GAP insurance, and if it was my car it would be...

aww man. gutted for you mate! makes it 10x worse that it's something you couldn't have prevented. On the plus side he was decent enough to wait for you and you're both insured.

I had an accident in mine in 2017 the damage didn't look as bad as yours but ended up costing close to £8k

You'll find the thread below (have a good read through there's some really useful info there)

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/just-crashed-its-bad.355459/page-2

Hopefully it looks worse than it is. just make sure you get it repaired at an approved Audi dealer as they use all genuine parts and it doesn't void the cars warranty

I'd get the cctv footage too just incase he tries to change his story again.

Last edited:
Ouch! How to have your day really messed up...…..absolutely gutted for you.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Ye it’s more internals I’m more worried about. When the recovery guy started the car, it sounded ok but when he turned it off you could hear the turbo discharge. Is that normal? The matrix light both need replacing as both were smashed.

Also everything is going through his insurance (funny enough we’re on same insurance company)

Oh my goodness
Would love to see the cctv se what really happened.
Hope you get want you want out of this mess.
Have they given you a Courtesy car?

As everyone has said, that's horrific mate and you have my total sympathy.
I've been there, with a similar looking level of damage to my 6 month old A5 about 7 years ago. Different circumstances but it wasn't a write off as it was still new despite having £12k of repairs needed. Every case is different.
I'd love to know how the heck he managed that and the fact his story changes makes me suspicious.
Hope you get resolved quickly buddy.

Just don't tell us the ending, the film that is, but please keep us informed as to the car..

Reactions: voorhees, KitMan and blackb9er
I've got a good feeling he was parked opposite to you, a few spaces over. Probably pulled out and stamped on the accelerator or pressed that instead of the brake as he was turning out of his space

Last edited:
@KitMan - WTF !
Gutted for you buddy
Hope this all gets sorted out to your satisfaction

Oh & @cuke2u - The ending of Endgame is surprising ;)

Reactions: KitMan and Audi Bairn
I'd say you'd almost want this to be written off... Who knows whats damaged underneath and the cost. According to my insurance company, damage that's about 50-60% (or more) of the the cost of the vehicle has a high chance of it being written off.

Godspeed to you. I wouldn't have handled this situation well at all. (I had a bad accident about a week and a half ago, and am still depressed about it)

Honestly @cuke2u @Audi Bairn I would never do anything like that. Don’t worry. The Hounds jaws are sealed
Unlike my **** of a son, or is that ex-son lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn and cuke2u
That must have been some quite special driving to cause that.

Hope you get it sorted quickly and without too much trouble!

I’m heading out tonight to watch it so hopefully I don’t to come out to anything like this...

Gutted and yet amazed at the same time :wtf:

Gutted for you. Go to a movie, enjoy yourself and then come out to that ... pure sh*t!

From the amount of damage to your car, I would reckon that he must have been travelling at a fair speed but thank God he had the decency not to drive off and leave you and the other owner to pick up the pieces. Twice recently my wife's car has been hit by others in supermarket car parks who have just driven off and left us with repairs bill which leaves a bad taste in the mouth. What is surprising is how little (obvious) damage there is to his vehicle. I have to say, like you, I love my car but, if it suffered that amount of damage, I think I would want it to be written off although, if you do not have GAP insurance, it could prove costly for you. Whatever, I hope and trust you get things sorted out to your complete satisfaction.

i would also use audi ensurance. Someone hit my stationary car (minor damage) and i spoke to the Defendants insurance. They admitted fault but refused to allow me to use an audi approved repair dealer. They wanted to use a local repair chain which has terrible reviews. I contacted audi ensure and they sorted everything out for me. They arranged to get my repairs done at a audi approved repairer and arranged a courtesy car for me (a brand new Porsche cayman )

looking at the damage you had i would insist its dealt with by an approved audi repairer.

Reactions: Kondax
i would also use audi ensurance. Someone hit my stationary car (minor damage) and i spoke to the Defendants insurance. They admitted fault but refused to allow me to use an audi approved repair dealer. They wanted to use a local repair chain which has terrible reviews. I contacted audi ensure and they sorted everything out for me. They arranged to get my repairs done at a audi approved repairer and arranged a courtesy car for me (a brand new Porsche cayman )

looking at the damage you had i would insist its dealt with by an approved audi repairer.
No need to worry, it’s going to an Audi Approved repairer. Just waiting on estimate on repairs and see what insurance says

Reactions: cuke2u
Hey guys, just an update on what’s happening or should I say happened.

So insurance finally called it a write off after 2 and a half weeks of waiting. Probably waiting of Audi to price it up.
And here’s the last time I was it. :cry:
85EE6618 7D13 4740 837F 245029D221A9

(Was grabbing the rest of the stuff in the car as you can see in the side:grinning:)

Was speaking with Audi parts guy and he said it would have cost £14k just in parts!

So after the grieving period (2days :laughing:) I was going to be without a car within a week. At first I was looking at other cars like BMW 3 series M Sport then the new focus ST line full works but they didn’t feel the same interior wise. Ye they looked good outside but just didn’t have the interior to match the A4 I had. This happened within like 3 days of looking at them at garages then decide to look at the A4 again. But this time I wanted the Advant and a Quattro.

So after 2 days of looking, on the second day an A4 Avant Quattro had just come in with no photos. Quick email for a video of the car and loved it straight away! So after 4 days (2days without a car) I’m back!
F1FCD651 6D4E 4CEB B0AC 111D7C5E3A99
4D077894 84D1 4921 BECB C39030E1DF37

Absolutely love the car! Originally before my saloon, I wanted an Avant but couldn’t find one with options I want and in price range. And the Quattro... so good! The launch is crazy haha. This A4 doesn’t have as mush extras and I do miss them (B&O, Matrix lights and extended interior lights) but have it Avant and Quattro definitely makes up for it!

In typical fashion, I’m already looking at mods and parts to buy :laughing: Been looking at the DTUK TCU+. Worth it? And is it traceable?

Reactions: Gingertom, Audi Bairn, rasA4 and 1 other person
I'm actually quite shocked that its a write-off. It appears like mostly body damage? I guess the costs were not worth it.

I'm actually quite shocked that its a write-off. It appears like mostly body damage? I guess the costs were not worth it.

There was suspension and steering rack damage. I think the matrix lights were £2-3k alone. Whole front end panels really.

Just don't forget to tell insurance!

Including the gearbox flash?

Great news, glad you've resolved it to your liking.
No a tuning box isn't traceable #9 here https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2017-a3-2-0-tfsi-quattro-remap-options.394037/

Does the DTUK TCU help with the slow reaction on rolling junctions?