1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woohoo allowed to buy A6 but....

ld2130 Jul 26, 2018

1. ld2130

ld2130 New Member

TL;DR What spec has the rear parking camera?

So after 10 years of happy A4 ownership it was "decided" that the slightly smoke belching 2.5TDi (160K) should be replaced a sensible family car, it was French with 7 seats. Needless to say the experiment has been a disaster, even the wife who doesn't care much for cars hates it! I was angling for an A6 before but she said it was too big. Now after driving the bus for 18 months, she said I can buy what I like, as long as it has rear parking camera.

So I've now got my heart set on a ~2013 bitdi avant, but it needs to have the parking camera.

Thanks for any help
    Lee

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Well-Known Member

Look at getting the reversing camera retrofitted. It'll mean you have a much great choice of cars

q5man likes this.
  4. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

+1 on this!!

It looks like Hazzy Dayz retrofit them for anything for £725+VAT to ~£2000+VAT.... depending on what you want and what's on the car already. I know it's not quite the same, but the 360deg sensors that you get on the self-parking optional extra are pretty incredible - I wouldn't get them retrofitted to a car (about £1200!), but if it doesn't HAVE to be a camera, then maybe worth looking out for a car with those already?

I swapped out my A4 V6 TDI quattro sport when it hit ~150k.... and mostly 'cos I needed to fit three child seats on the rear bench. I looked it up the other day and it's done ~200k now, so half the mileage has been with a 220bhp remap :)

5. q5man

q5man Mythos Appreciator Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi Q5

@DJAlix can also help with a retrofit of OEM parts, and code them up. His blog is here (posts #5 and #6 talk about this exact retrofit)