WOMEN CAN'T OVERTAKE - some old people can't either

WAFTER

Reaction score
They sit on your bumper in their huge new Range Rovers, especially those showy Evoque things all very Cheshire WAG, their pin sized heads peering over the steering wheel, frozen in fear because they are frightened of the power and don't know how to overtake. A zillion times I've been bumbling gently along on an open road with no traffic enjoying some al fresco driving and causing nobody any inconvenience when suddenly 'she' trundles up to my bumper and sits there. The road is wide and clear for miles, no junctions and still she sits there. So I let the speed drop ( no braking ) hoping she will go past, and STILL she sits there.
Last week had a bint ( they are usually 50 trying to look 20 ) on my tail for miles, the road was wide open and clear of traffic, and as I approached a section of dual carriageway I slowed and I slowed and I slowed, and at 20mph she STILL sat there as a coach and then a lorry easily slipped past us both. I SO nearly came to a stop just to see at what point she would actually get flustered and work out how to overtake. Had visions of her coming to a complete standstill so close to my back bumper that she would have to reverse ( that would be worth watching ) in order to proceed. After the dual-carriageway the next few miles were winding and narrow until approaching a town and of course there was no opportunity to get past. When I turned off left I glanced as she drove past and I'll swear she was in some sort of trance, staring ahead looking tense and scared out of her wits.
Old people in their nasty little Kia's, Civics and Rovers are just as bad.

Feeling your pain mate, it's all the Police's fault, they have been telling people for years that Speed Kills, now men don't listen to this kind of crap but after a few years of hearing it some people (Mainly women and probably older people) start to believe it.
When you think about it if they've bought cars like that in the first place they must be gullible, IMHO, of course :)

Reactions: Arrkon
One area that really grates me is when generally people are too slow (ie. 40 in a 50), then stay at 40 when the road changes to 30!!! Argh!!

Reactions: S3_Mat, kanecullen89, sliced and 1 other person
They sit on your bumper in their huge new Range Rovers, especially those showy Evoque things all very Cheshire WAG, their pin sized heads peering over the steering wheel, frozen in fear because they are frightened of the power and don't know how to overtake. A zillion times I've been bumbling gently along on an open road with no traffic enjoying some al fresco driving and causing nobody any inconvenience when suddenly 'she' trundles up to my bumper and sits there. The road is wide and clear for miles, no junctions and still she sits there. So I let the speed drop ( no braking ) hoping she will go past, and STILL she sits there.
Last week had a bint ( they are usually 50 trying to look 20 ) on my tail for miles, the road was wide open and clear of traffic, and as I approached a section of dual carriageway I slowed and I slowed and I slowed, and at 20mph she STILL sat there as a coach and then a lorry easily slipped past us both. I SO nearly came to a stop just to see at what point she would actually get flustered and work out how to overtake. Had visions of her coming to a complete standstill so close to my back bumper that she would have to reverse ( that would be worth watching ) in order to proceed. After the dual-carriageway the next few miles were winding and narrow until approaching a town and of course there was no opportunity to get past. When I turned off left I glanced as she drove past and I'll swear she was in some sort of trance, staring ahead looking tense and scared out of her wits.
Old people in their nasty little Kia's, Civics and Rovers are just as bad.

Why don't you just pull in and let her pass if she's bothering you that much?

Reactions: 45bvtc, DAYTONA 500, Andy Crooks and 1 other person
I have to say, older men do this aswell, it's very infuriating, especially the sunday drivers!

Why don't you just pull in and let her pass if she's bothering you that much?

or stomp on your brakes let her rear end and an excuse to overbill her using a friend indy :D just to teach them muppets a lesson

Reactions: sliced
I had the same, driving through town on Friday night, 30 Mph and I have a car sat on my bumper all the way. Dabbed the brakes a couple of times ( when it was safe) just to let them know how closes they were and still the same. Completely unaware of what they were doing.

range rovers are generally quite slow, just saying.

My mothers weapon of choice is her 09 plate WRX impreza. It's driven and overtakes!

There's nothing wrong with range rovers, well yet... both my parents pick there 14 plates on March 1st dads getting the 3 litre sport and mums getting the evoque 2.2 sd4

Nissan micras in any situation need avoiding . what is it about the people that drive these their ability beggars belief and in general they look scared to death even at 30 MPH

how very dare you lol... SOME women cant overtake.... some women drive shocking... but so do some men.. particularly old men hell bent on making sure everyone stays under the 30mph limit.

Reactions: IPSGA and DAYTONA 500
Nissan micras in any situation need avoiding . what is it about the people that drive these their ability beggars belief and in general they look scared to death even at 30 MPH

My micra scares me to death, it's the only car I have owned that has body roll on a straight. Going anywhere near 40 starts to become a bum clenching experience.