wohoo, MOT passed

newbster

Reaction score
184k miles, 14 years old, 0.35 on the smoke test, and no advisories

rear subframe is getting a bit crusty, inner drive shaft boot cracking but not leaking

nice one Mr Audi

Reactions: Jeriho
184k miles, 14 years old, 0.35 on the smoke test, and no advisories

rear subframe is getting a bit crusty, inner drive shaft boot cracking but not leaking

nice one Mr Audi

I'd love to see how, for example, a 14 year old 180k Renault or Citroen (same sh!t) would compare. . . I wonder if such a thing even exists!? :tearsofjoy:

I can tell you how a 10 year old fiesta looks underneath, its rubbish, got a verbal advisory on the state of the spot welds on the chassis rail. no underbody seal, and major amounts of corrosion.
I think we forget how good (most) of the corrosion protection is on these cars.

but designing a car body that will last 14 years does not fit with todays model of car ownership.

oh yes, front arb drop links starting to fail, but that's because I fitted cheap plastic ones about 4 years ago when I changed the arb bushes, time for some lemforder metal ones.

I have a 2002 clio i use for my daily! I paid £160 for it 12 months ago when the S3 decided it wanted an overhaul :whistle2:
It was a trade in at my local vw garage needed a track rod end, front brake pads and the airbag light was on for last mot. Iv done 14k in the year and had it tested the other week only wanted a tyre!!
To be fair apart from the electronics the clio's are ok! On 147k now :racer:
Going from a 1.2 clio to the S3 when it's finished is going to be interesting to say the least :grimacing:

As Clarkson says, French hatches are light because of all the bits that have fallen off haha!!

Reactions: Tj 0785