Wobble When Idle

jdw88rm

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a 2005 Audi A6 C6 2.0TDi which has done 142,000 miles and earlier this week it suddenly developed this wobble whilst idling?! Don’t notice it when driving but doesn’t go away when you come to lights/junctions etc.
I cleaned my EGR valve out back in November and that resolved the loss of power issue I was having... but could it be related to this new problem?
From what I’ve read online it could either be engine mounts or clutch?
Any help would be great!
Thanks guys!

Jonno

Manual.
Guy I spoke to at garage today thought it could be the dual mass flywheel also!
Found a LUK clutch kit and dual mass fly wheel online for £330. Is this good?

Sounds to me like the dual mass.
When mine went on my derv A4 it felt like a strong sideways wind when on idle!
Sound similar?

Yes sounds similar! Although I’m now hearing a chirping noise from engine when in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Not so much in 5th and 6th. The sort of chipping you hear from bugs when you’re on holiday haha

So driving home last night vibrations went nuts and heard a loud bang under the bonnet then all was calm! Parked up, had a quick look at the engine - nothing.
Got in the car to head to work this morning and it wouldn’t start! Got RAC to tow me to the local garage where he suspects the dual mass flywheel has broken up and done damage to the starter motor.
I bought the LUK clutch kit and flywheel online for £330 and should be here tomorrow or Thursday!
Will report back once I have an update!

Turns out the dual mass flywheel had broken up and destroyed not only the starter motor but also the engine. Not worth repairing so she’s being scrapped. Such a shame.
Cheers guys

Turns out the dual mass flywheel had broken up and destroyed not only the starter motor but also the engine. Not worth repairing so she’s being scrapped. Such a shame.
Cheers guys

Damn sorry to hear about the outcome of your issue JDW. I guess I was lucky when my rattling dual mass flywheel exploded when doing a hill start similar to yourself.

Y97nFrh.jpg