WLAN?

the_big_1

Reaction score
Hi all,

i have read a few things that some A5/S5 have WLAN. My car is a 2009 S5 with MMI 3G and the phone prep under the arm rest but not the SIM card slot in the dash. I activated the hidden menu today and stumbled on "WLAN identification" I clicked on it and a long number popped up. Does this mean my car has WLAN? If so, how does it work etc as my Iphone doesn't see it searching wifi etc

The IPhone won't work with it because it doesn't support SAP [sim access profile].

But shouldn't the iPhone still at least see the wireless name of the car?

But shouldn't the iPhone still at least see the wireless name of the car?

I can't answer that ,but speaking from experience my 2013 S5 with tech pack high has limited capabilities with my iPhone 5s because the way apple protect their hardware from communicating with non apple hardware,its always been the same with apple.If i put the sim out of the phone into the sim slot in the cars dashboard then everything will work,google maps ,audi connect etc,its the Apple part of the equation that causes the problem.

I thought the apple restriction would stop say the internet working but not the finding of the wireless name etc but no idea how to switch it on lol

I can't even use a separate sim in the dash slot and connect my i phone via bluetooth and make and receive hands free calls.

Yeah I read that but doesn't the SIM version allow text messages and google maps

Yeah I read that but doesn't the SIM version allow text messages and google maps

Yea the sim in the slot will do that but you can't run iPhone and sim in slot both together its one or the other.