wishing audi good bye

Andy1608

Reaction score
I've been and gone before so who knows lol but getting rid of the A3 on Tuesday.
Was looking for an avant but they are too much money for what I was looking for so gone for a Kia Cee'd SW, not everyone's taste I know but brilliant to drive and so practical as an estate, more importantly half the price of the audi too.
Will have some bits to sell so keep an eye out for them coming up in bits for sale.
Thanks everyone.

Selling an Audi for a Kia? Ok it's your choice.............................

Selling my Audi for a Kia would kill me... You could have got an A4/6 even if it was a bit older for the same money surely?

Yeah selling the 3dr for an estate. No where near enough room in the 3dr and not willing to pay audi 20k for a 2 year old A4 avant and only a grand less for the SE which actually had the interia I wanted as no longer want leather seating

Same engine so not losing out there, getting rid of the leather so gaining there. saving 8k so defiantly gaining there.
like I said its not to everyone's taste, so other than the audi badge I'm not actually losing out, personally

Reactions: mister.c.
Good luck with the new car Andy. Hope you still pop on to see us. :) x

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the Kia (different forum somewhere). When I was thinking of trading in my 8P A3 I considered a Kia, but I'm so wedded to the VAG 1.4 turbo engine it'll be a while before another model tempts me away.

Thanks Sandra. I dont plan on leaving the site anyway.
wideboybloke i can see why your wedded to the engine, least your more open minded than others seem to be.

Reactions: Sandra
Are Kia Salespeople better than (the majority of) Audi Salespeople ??
Hope so.

Enjoy your new car - you're getting an awful lot of vehicle for the money.
And you haven't spent half of it for the badge at the front - Bonus.

:racer:

Good luck Andy I love Kia
Are Kia Salespeople better than (the majority of) Audi Salespeople ??
Hope so.
I would imagine Kia salespeople are more like normal people as opposed to wannabe pro footballer lookalikes as are Audi ones

One thing that can be said, you can't argue with a 7 year warranty

Reactions: Andy1608
Selling an Audi for a Kia? Ok it's your choice.............................

Had a fully specced 125Bhp diesel Kia Cee'd as hire car over to France this week, was ok inside but to drive..žzzzzzzzzzzz

Good luck!

Are Kia Salespeople better than (the majority of) Audi salespeople

Yeah they generally are to be honest, one thing I liked too was they don't auto marital add GAP and auto shine and making you feel like you have to argue your case to get them to remove them.

Reactions: mister.c. and Pulp84
Had a fully specced 125Bhp diesel Kia Cee'd as hire car over to France this week, was ok inside but to drive..žzzzzzzzzzzz

Good luck!

yeah I agree boring to drive to but then again my A3 is the 1.6 diesel engine so no real difference and to be honest I don't find driving exciting anyway. I like driving but I don't see it as a fun thing, half the time I'm whinging about some middle lane bell end or ranting and raving about something

I remember you had the infamous Java Green S3 ;)

Good luck with the Kia, good cars.

I like Kia's. Especially like the Sportage. There is something very honest about the brand and the buying experience.

Good luck with the new car

My audi salesman was nice, but he didnt have a clue about the car. Literally no idea on anything. In his defence he was new, but to me you should know absolutely everything about a product you are trying to sell. Fortunately for him I was just interested in him telling me the bottom line price.

Hi Andy, I've just come from a 2012 Kia Rio to my A3. It was a good car, fault free and the service at Kia was always brilliant. I agree with your comments about the sales people. So I do recommend them to family and friends.

I do notice the difference in quality coming to the A3 though; nicer interior, better gearbox and engine, better sound proofing etc. but obviously your paying a lot less for the Kia and I don't know how reliable the A3 is yet. You do get a lot for your money with Kia, a lot of standard kit which you have to pay extra for with Audi e.g heated, folding mirrors ;)

My wife would have kept the Kia, it did everything for her and I was easy to drive, I just wanted a bit more comfort and fun. But I'm sure you will do well with your Kia. I don't regret buying one, it saved me a lot of money which helped me to get he a3 :D

Last edited:
My wife is about to change her mini cooper s for a new kia ceed GT tech, 200 bhp 1.6 turbo and more toys than any Audi I've ever seen all as standard plus a 7 year warranty and all for 20k.

Quite like some of the Kia line-up. Was almost tempted into a Pro Cee'd GT a couple of cars ago. Almost bought the wife a Picanto for her first car but salesman we got was a bell end and completely lied about what was included in the deal. Sadly that's put us off the brand.
Good luck with the new car :)

Si.

My wife is about to change her mini cooper s for a new kia ceed GT tech, 200 bhp 1.6 turbo and more toys than any Audi I've ever seen all as standard plus a 7 year warranty and all for 20k.
I work next door to a Kia dealership and see salesmen raggin them around all the time. To be fair they sound great and look decent too.

Good luck with your new ride buddy :thumbs up:

Don't be a stranger on here my friend :)

Hi Andy, I've just come from a 2012 Kia Rio to my A3. It was a good car, fault free and the service at Kia was always brilliant. I agree with your comments about the sales people. So I do recommend them to family and friends.

I do notice the difference in quality coming to the A3 though; nicer interior, better gearbox and engine, better sound proofing etc. but obviously your paying a lot less for the Kia and I don't know how reliable the A3 is yet. You do get a lot for your money with Kia, a lot of standard kit which you have to pay extra for with Audi e.g heated, folding mirrors ;)

My wife would have kept the Kia, it did everything for her and I was easy to drive, I just wanted a bit more comfort and fun. But I'm sure you will do well with your Kia. I don't regret buying one, it saved me a lot of money which helped me to get he a3 :D

Hi and thanks for the good comments, when I drove the kia today it was actually a lot smoother and more quiet than the audi.
Well my A3 has been in for warrenty work on the washer bottle then they found an engine oil leak so had the head gasket done and various bits. luckily was still in its warrenty period.

Hi and thanks for the good comments, when I drove the kia today it was actually a lot smoother and more quiet than the audi.
Well my A3 has been in for warrenty work on the washer bottle then they found an engine oil leak so had the head gasket done and various bits. luckily was still in its warrenty period.

Good luck with the Kia - I'm sure it'll be a good car. I had 2 Hyundai Santa Fe models before I got the A3 and they ran very well. OK the interior quality wasn't the same as the Audi but mechanically they were almost perfect. And as you say the 7 year warranty gives you great comfort. My 5 year warranty (i.e. extra 2 years) on my A3 cost me over £500!

Yeah like many have said 7 year warrenty. They must have a lot of confidance in the cars.
I know I'm losing style inside but I'm going for practicality over what I visually like. The kia inside is still a really nice, good lay out and easy to use everything too.

Seriously, the only thing that put me off getting another Kia was the choice of petrol engines with the auto gearbox. The specification for the auto just isn't as good as the 1.4 COD and S tronic, I wanted something a bit faster but with better economy.

I do think my A3 is smoother, but I'm comparing it against the Rio which is a smaller car and the class below the Cee'd and its all subjective. The Kia's interior was much nicer and better quality than the MK7 Ford Fiesta that it replaced. Whenever I gave someone a ride and they hadn't sat in a Kia before they all remarked on how it was much nicer than they had expected. There's a lot of prejudice and snobbery but they're much better cars than they used to be.

Anyway, I wish you good luck and enjoy your new car! :D

Seriously, the only thing that put me off getting another Kia was the choice of petrol engines with the auto gearbox. The specification for the auto just isn't as good as the 1.4 COD and S tronic, I wanted something a bit faster but with better economy.

I do think my A3 is smoother, but I'm comparing it against the Rio which is a smaller car and the class below the Cee'd and its all subjective. The Kia's interior was much nicer and better quality than the MK7 Ford Fiesta that it replaced. Whenever I gave someone a ride and they hadn't sat in a Kia before they all remarked on how it was much nicer than they had expected. There's a lot of prejudice and snobbery but they're much better cars than they used to be.

Anyway, I wish you good luck and enjoy your new car! :D

You're right - I might have been tempted by another Hyundai (the i30) but they didn't do a higher spec model with petrol engine and auto gearbox. Why do they think that we only want diesel+auto? I think a number of companies will be changing their product planning when they see the fall off in diesel sales. Even VW have fallen into the trap - the new Passat is (I believe) only available with diesel engines.

My wife picked the Ceed GT Tech because she wanted all the toys and a manual box, the same spec Ceed 4 Tech is only available as an auto.