Wishbone bushes

a3tdi2001

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone has replaced their wishbone bushes on the front using a vice or other method and if so how easy are they to push onto the arms. Can't find a good "how to" for this.
Cheers.

Best approach i found was to make up a "puller" set using a bit of studding, nuts , a large socket (recess for bush to move into) and then push on the sleeve using a correct size hole saw........a bit makeshift but works well.

a bit hard to describe.... i will try to sketch and upload for visual reference.

photo7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers, did this work for the larger bush at the back of the wishbone? I've seen a similar setup for the one at the front.

i believe it did.....although the more stubborn bushes on the car received some melty blow-torch treatment to get them out. Just set the rubber alight and when it is burnt out you can start attacking the sleeves. Typically with a hacksaw to split it, then a cold chisel to bend it in and that makes it easy to get out.

yeah you will probably see this sort of setup around as it is a poor mans replication of the proper bush puller sets you can buy

Thanks a million for looking this stuff up. Cheers.